Doobz Posts: 2,800
    This would be awesome. He was Impressive @ Settimana
    cartoon.jpg
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,474
    Is Leferve really that desperate?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The story was supposed to be in the Gazzetta dello Sport but it's not on their website, I wonder if it's even true.

Still, Lefevere is desperate, his team's been struggling and he no longer has the biggest budget in the sport, bargain picks like Ricco could be where he's forced to go.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Kléber wrote:
    bargain picks like Ricco could be where he's forced to go.

How about Landis? He could probably pick him up cheap if he's desperate for publicity! :lol:

On a more serious note if it doesn't work out with the cobra how about the chicken?
  • kanto
    kanto Posts: 112
    Kléber wrote:
    bargain picks like Ricco could be where he's forced to go.

How about Landis? He could probably pick him up cheap if he's desperate for publicity! :lol:

On a more serious note if it doesn't work out with the cobra how about the chicken?

I liked both riders, and I would like to see both of them back in grand tours. But I don't think the Chicken will be able to compete with the top riders anymore. Ricco is a different story, and I think he could be capable of challenging for stages in the Vuelta if he rides. He did well in a few of the early Italian events, and I would have liked to have seen him in a bigger one week tour.

Even if you don't like Ricco, you have to admit he will liven up the racing, and make things more interesting. His attacks on the drops were great to see, and it will be interesting to see how he can do clean, in a grand tour, against the best riders.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Shame for Flaminia as they took him on and wont get any races. He moves to QuickStep and they dont get chucked out of races

(if that makes sense).
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    kanto wrote:
    Ricco is a different story, and I think he could be capable of challenging for stages in the Vuelta if he rides. He did well in a few of the early Italian events, and I would have liked to have seen him in a bigger one week tour.

Even if you don't like Ricco, you have to admit he will liven up the racing, and make things more interesting. His attacks on the drops were great to see, and it will be interesting to see how he can do clean, in a grand tour, against the best riders.

Assuming, of course, he is now clean.