secure parking near kings x or euston

newbie_cyclist
newbie_cyclist Posts: 202
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
hi
I'm looking for somewhere v secure to leave my bike OVERNIGHT this friday & saturday. Any ideas? Maybe somewhere at one of the stations or at the nearby universities?

thanks!

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    The lack of answers kinda suggests there isn't anything safe.

The only thing I can think of is the storage place (Big Yellow?) opposite Kings X station. It'll cost ya though.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • msw
    msw Posts: 313
    Does it need any cheap repairs? There's a big bike shop at the bottom of Pentonville Road and I doubt they'd be able to get it back to you the same day...
    "We're not holding up traffic. We are traffic."
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    There are some bike racks straight outside Euston - some of the fancy new "double decker" ones and some normal ones. I left my bike overnight the other weekend and it was fine. Wasn't my best bike though.
  • umm...i was wondering about those racks. My bikes about £500, if I secure it with a ton of chains on the top level do you think it will be ok there? or will i come back to a bike stripped of brake blocks, cables etc etc
  • WesternWay
    WesternWay Posts: 564
    umm...i was wondering about those racks. My bikes about £500, if I secure it with a ton of chains on the top level do you think it will be ok there? or will i come back to a bike stripped of brake blocks, cables etc etc

Yes: next
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    If you want to go one hop to the next station from Kings Cross (overland to Finsbury Park) - and it's not rush hour restricted when you get there - then there is very good bike security at Finsbury Park station:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11947.aspx#finsbury

Might be a bit of a faff organising the swipe card in time though.

http://www.thedataarchive.com/Press/tfl/viewer.asp?job=10582%20-%20Finsbury%20Park%20Cycle%20Facility