new beats to blast the black runs too please post!

lionheart29
lionheart29 Posts: 54
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Hey i need some new tunes to smash up the trails mostly (black runs)always riding solo as nobody i know is into it, at the mo loving the blackout and rise against...

but also heard two new tracks from pendulum's new album errr.. watercolor and witchcraft

so let me know what you listen to so maybe i can rob your playlist inspirations.. :wink:

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Their new album is fantastic, and you havent even heard the best... very much reccomended IMO.
  • Hyufsko
    Hyufsko Posts: 37
    The Beyond OST

Witchtanic Hellucinations by Acid Witch

Specialized FSRxc Comp '10
  • Are you looking for one of those tunes that makes you seem to float down a trail or a tune that makes you attack a trail more aggressively?

Floaty Tune

Aggressive Tune
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    If you like pendulum try subfocus, pretty similar and pretty good.
    Also have a youtube search of "mt eden dubstep" some good songs, slightly more relaxed than penulum, but still with a strong beat.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Selectively pick the good tracks out of the Prodigy's back catalogue (not many of them were singles ;) ). Pitchshifter make for good riding music. So does some Arcade Fire, weirdly.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Are you looking for one of those tunes that makes you seem to float down a trail or a tune that makes you attack a trail more aggressively?

More aggressively the harder and faster i have to ride the better :twisted:
    i'm not a fan of drum n bass really or pendulum but i like a couple of there tracks, got some prodigy songs somewhere,might try that too...

but the bigger the list the better keep em coming
  • spud-face
    spud-face Posts: 120
    With Instruments:

Drongos For Europe albums are hard to find, top notch grrr if you can though.
    The Steal album + The Computers album = about 25 minutes of light-speed, scratchy, garage rock / punk type hipness.
    Turbowolf Yep, awful name. Great balls-out rockin' though - pretend it's irony
    Wounds Still flicking my switch after a month or so of heavy rotation (full EP on spotify - Awesome with a really big A)
    Future Of The Left One of the best bands people don't buy the records of. Beware, Small Bones Small Bodies causes involuntary air-bass, could be dangerous..
    King Prawn If only because i was humming American Funded Genocide at work tonight. the only ska-tinted band that didn't make me want to poke people in the eyes with forks - the punkier and hip-hoppier bits of theirs were the best.
    F*cked Up music for kids to run into walls to.

With Bleepies:

Kap Bambino A lot of people despise these (understandably) - i like 'em. think hyperactive, slightly happy hardcore-y la roux on a jumpy cd player. but good.
    The Presets had an album a year or two ago, first handful of tracks were good - the rest gash.
    Does it offend you, yeah? ignore the poppy stuff from the radio, their more angular electronic moments make up for it.
    Boys Noize His OI OI OI album couldn't have sounded more european if it tried. this is a good thing. Power, the follow up, not so good - too soft.
    Subgiant Maybe too slow for what's required in places, bags of groove though.
    Polysics japanese Devo worshippers with far too much caffeine and E numbers in their diet. there's something in that culture that breeds complex, thoroughly unhinged music. brilliant in an "ahh, bless 'em - look what they've managed", condescending-type manner.

signing out,
    ad
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Elton John?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    this, on repeat...
  • fredy
    fredy Posts: 308
    going up the country ftw!