Specialized Fast Trak Pro

XTC2009
XTC2009 Posts: 115
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of running the Specialzed Fast Trak Pro 2.0 tyres? I have a set - from a mate cos I was in a pickle: I actually ride a Giant XTC - and so far I've only used them on the road and the smooth gravel tracks and towpaths near home. I was hoping to give them a proper test at Cannock Chase before my next CRC Marathon at Grassington, but I've not had a chance with moving house.

Last time out I ran my Panaracer Cinders, which grip like glue wherever I go but drag a bit. I want to lose the drag with the summer heating up, and the Fast Trak tyres roll faster, but I'm not sure how they will stand up to proper moors riding at this time of year.

Basically, I don't want to crash! :oops:

Any advice would be great!
Wobbly Cyclist

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Yep, I love em. Not the LK, Low Knob one, the original Pro type.

Just refitted em today.

Used em on a full sus x 2, hardtail and rigid.

Im pretty astounded as to what the can handle, grass, slate, rough gravel, tarmac.

Guy who designed em say they are his best ever tyre, and hes designed loads!!!

If I hadn't payed about £50 for Conti Mtn Kings tubeless, I'd be running these, EVERYWHERE.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Yep, I love em. Not the LK, Low Knob one, the original Pro type.

Just refitted em today.

Used em on a full sus x 2, hardtail and rigid.

Im pretty astounded as to what the can handle, grass, slate, rough gravel, tarmac.

Guy who designed em say they are his best ever tyre, and hes designed loads!!!

If I hadn't payed about £50 for Conti Mtn Kings tubeless, I'd be running these, EVERYWHERE.
  • XTC2009
    XTC2009 Posts: 115
    Well that's good news then! :)
    Wobbly Cyclist