Waterproof for £40

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
I've decided to get a waterproof for when cycling, something I can carry around just in case.

I can spend £40, no more and that has to include any delivery charges.

Any suggestions.

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Montane Velo.

They're great, and while not a full on waterproof, mine keeps me dry for about 45 minutes of heavy rain, which, realistically, is all I've ever needed.
  • dreamlx10
    dreamlx10 Posts: 235
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=c2340

I find this good for the rain and easy to carry.
  • Montane Velo.

They're great, and while not a full on waterproof, mine keeps me dry for about 45 minutes of heavy rain, which, realistically, is all I've ever needed.
    If you want the trousers at half price, then it seems they are available here.
  • mkchu84
    mkchu84 Posts: 41
    Montane Velo.

+1 Although it's technically only showerproof, it does a pretty good job. You'd just end up drenched with sweat in any fully waterproof jacket for £40
  • fastbatard
    fastbatard Posts: 137
    I use one of these
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/protect10 ... -30228190/
    It's actually a running jacket but I find it great for cycling. It's very light and great for keeping in your bag just in case. Not fully waterproof, but also not too sweaty. Ok for a 30 min commute.
    Best of all it's £12.95 (+£3.99 delivery)
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    +2 on the Montane, packs up really small and is waterproof enough.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    I have a Montane Velo also and it seems to do the job, but it only scored 5/10 in a Cycling Plus review recently. The DHB Hunston Clear Race Jacket and the Endura Women's Rebound won Best Buy awards for that price range.