Hyde Park Jogging rage

zrazzle
zrazzle Posts: 79
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Cycling in this morning down the left cycle lane set apart from west Carriage Drive.

The one with bikes painted in both directions and shared with a footpath, next to the horse's tracks.

Two american joggers started shouting at me to 'GET ON THE CYCLE PATH' pointing to the main road, and then called me a 'Jerkwad'. I replied, 'I'M ON THE CYCLE PATH!'

I was right yeah? It left me quite confused. Confused but amused.

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    'Jerkwad'

Regardless of whether you were in the right or wrong, I hope you gave them a lesson in proper anglo-saxon swearing.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Prezackly :lol:
  • zrazzle
    haha, think it was the first time i've ever heard anyone actually use the word jerkwad out loud! All I could think of under the circumstances was to add 'JOG ON!'
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    They're Americans - they have to be angry with somebody :wink:
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Maybe they were from the US air force. They are notoriously bad at navigation. Cycle path, footpath, road, duck pond, civilian hospital, insurgents camp. They all look the same to them. :roll:
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    merkin wrote:
    Maybe they were from the US air force. They are notoriously bad at navigation. Cycle path, footpath, road, duck pond, civilian hospital, insurgents camp. They all look the same to them. :roll:

You left out terrorist encapment/civilian wedding celebrationsfrom that list.

But I know what its like, being told of by a mother (with her child) for not cycling on the cycle path that they were smack bang in the centre of, which I couldn't ride on unless I wanted to hit them.

It is called gross stupidity...
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • Norky
    Norky Posts: 276
    Asprilla wrote:
    'Jerkwad'

Regardless of whether you were in the right or wrong, I hope you gave them a lesson in proper anglo-saxon swearing.

Quite. Something like "Do pay attention you witless cnut-biscuit." should demonstrate to the American fellow the poverty of their own language.
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    You're more likely to get cyclist rage though - there are some right territorial swine riding the cycle paths. Swearing at skaters, pedestrians, and all, and forgetting two facts - brake, not bell, and they are all allowed in the cycle lane. Tough to us cyclists.
  • zrazzle
    AND THE HORSES TOO throwing up all the dust into our faces!

More drama in Hyde Park this morning - a woman on one of the above mentioned horses was this morning going nuts about almost being run over...I assume she meant by a car. A bike couldn't really run over a horse could it? More run into it..

What's the deal with the horses anyway? Where are they from? Some military thing? Or just some posh people...
  • SamWise1972
    SamWise1972 Posts: 220
    The paths in Hyde Park are the worst, aside from maybe Constitution Hill. People wandering across gazing at you with a glazed expression as you bear down on them at 25 mph. Sometimes the ride up from Birdcage Walk makes me despair of humanity. First it's the idiots on Constitution Hill walking in the bike path when there is 4 times as much pavement available for them. Then it's the cyclists lining up right across both sides of the crossings at HPC, instead of getting behind each other at the bike crossing, and guaranteeing an absolute clusterf**k for all cyclists and peds, and then it's the slack-jawed goits in the park. It makes you glad to get on Bayswater Road!