Riding or football..

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited June 2010 in MTB general
So... I have the opportunity to have tomorrow afternoon off work as the management are being kind to all the football fans in the office.

Unfortunately I have no interest in watching any of the football... especially when England are just going to draw or lose... again... in the most boring fashion.

So... i'm gonna sneak off for a ride instead :D

Anyone else been sodding off the football for the lovely quiet trails? Bloody awesome riding to be had atm with no one about!

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    thing is most the people that ride where i ride don't watch football either so it's made no real difference
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I'll be out on my bike when the fotty is on..... should ber quiet when I have to hack it back along the A59........ I hate that road :(
    Caz xx
  • Hyufsko
    Hyufsko Posts: 37
    Germany for the win!

Specialized FSRxc Comp '10
  • I'll be out on my bike when the fotty is on..... should ber quiet when I have to hack it back along the A59........ I hate that road :(
    Caz xx

you out tomorrow Caz?
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    jay12 wrote:
    thing is most the people that ride where i ride don't watch football either so it's made no real difference

+1

I've opted to stay in the office tomorrow to cover for those who will be watching the game
    I return I get an early Friday which rocks, this means I can leave work at 13h00, go to Cannock and ride the Monkey Trail :roll:
    Win, win result for me IMO!
  • yea i leave the office at 2 tomorrow so 45 min drive to gisburn and i'm off :D
  • ian220476
    ian220476 Posts: 164
    I went out Friday night instead of the football. Quiet as anything and was fantastic. Sky plussed the football, back home around 11pm then got up early to watch it without knowing the result...........wished I hadn't bothered!

Great time to go riding though
    GT XC1 - the harder you ride it, the better it is

Stumpy FSR 2010 - Rides over everything and everyone
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    football watching for me, cant wait, come on england!!
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    I think I'll be working when England are next playing.

If not I'll be riding.

Simples 8)
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • im at work at halfords. so thatll be a busy evening :D shame i cant go for a ride, but by virtue of being a student, i can go quite alot during the day when most cant.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    Hyufsko wrote:
    Germany for the win!

If nothing else, I disagree with it because the more matches England play the more quiet afternoons/evenings there will be!

Also, come on England!
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    I'm looking forward to having a go on the dirt jumps near me without fear of chavs on BSOs coming along and attempting to pilfer mine.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    The last game, I managed to avoid by going to the cinema. There was about 12 people in this massive screen There was also only one other bloke in there
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    The last game, I managed to avoid by going to the cinema. There was about 12 people in this massive screen There was also only one other bloke in there

Probably because you went to see Sex and the City 2 :lol:
  • Iwingstein
    Iwingstein Posts: 111
    When England's first game was on, the wife had arranged to go and see Simply Red at Bedgebury with her sis and a friend, so I suggested to a friend that we take our bikes and ride around the for a couple of hours.

Turned into one of the best Saturday nights I'd had for a very long time. Do a lap, stop get out chairs and drink tea, then repeat.
  • i will almost certainly be doing anything other than watching the football,
    no other sport does the nation go so mad for, and to be honest, we stand a better chance in pretty much all other sports than we do football,
    sick of it!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Riding or football..
    Jeez I'm surprised you have to ask :)
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Gonna' watch the Germany match, and find out the result of the England match but won't be watching (they will fail) :lol:

Biking vs. footie - always biking, but have been playing more footie lately as the bike is not ready yet :(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    not fussed at all about football, so yeah, riding here too.