New Whyte 19 Carbon Race

miceden
miceden Posts: 225
edited June 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all, am a new member on the forum but have been lurking around for quite some time picking up useful bits of info and reading reviews... this is my new build, a 2009 Whyte 19 Carbon Race

Keep2.jpg

More pics here: http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/mrvaneden/Whyte%2019%20Carbon%20Race/

Frame is a large, Durin SL forks, Hope Race X2 brakes, Alligator Starlite discs, Hollowgram SI crankset with TA chainrings, Recon Cassette, KMC X10SL chain, SRAM XO rear derailleur & twisters, SRAM XX front derailleur, Jagwire cable housing, KCNC Seatpost and handlebar, Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbon Sable, Rotor SL stem, Schwalbe 2.25 Racing Ralphs, NoTubes ZTR Alpine + Hope Pro II + DT rev wheelset... all coming in at 8.44kgs or 18.6lbs.

I was aiming for something lightweight but also durable... barr the recon cassette she should do the job!

Comments

• ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Gorgeous build.
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    OMG :shock:
    thats is amazing 8)
  • Spugnut
    Spugnut Posts: 128
    Holy moley! That is a beautifully built ride. Nice work.
    Happy trails.
  • ccc
    ccc Posts: 193
    Lovely bike mate 8)

Those 19's are gorgeous bikes.
    Eyes on the prize.
  • Robie P
    Robie P Posts: 39
    Top job done there , looks very nice 8)
  • reevie25
    reevie25 Posts: 254
    I don'y ussually like Whyte's but this one looks amazing, I love that green and black Carbon Frame.... :D
  • Simonhi
    Simonhi Posts: 229
    How did you get green forks, I didn't think Magura did them in green ?
  • miceden
    edited June 2010
    Cheers everyone!

Simonhi... you are right, Magura dont offer the Durin SL with green decals, you can get the Durin SL in green but its the stanchions that are green.

I had the Magura, and ZTR Alpine decals, custom made - can put you in contact with the person that did them for me if you wish? If you give her original decals she can change them to any almost any colour under the sun.
  • Simonhi
    That's good attaention to detail ...I'm in the process of getting a few bits together for a Lynskey Pro 26 with Carbon Lefty (110m) from the Flash Team bike but I'm happy to stay witht he green accent colour of the fork and use that for other parts of the bikes. I did think about getting the green on the fork changed to gold but I'm gonna stick with green.

Cheers anyway, I thought that is what you did. Just goes to show it's the small things that make the difference.

Si.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    miceden wrote:
    Cheers everyone!

Simonhi... you are right, Magura dont offer the Durin SL with green decals, you can get the Durin SL in green but its the stanchions that are green.

I had the Magura, and ZTR Alpine decals, custom made - can put you in contact with the person that did them for me if you wish? If you give her original decals she can change them to any almost any colour under the sun.

That is a freaking beauty of a bike. Very nice.

I've got a passing interest in getting some black/kawasaki green Fox 36 lower legs, could your contact sort something like that out too?
  • miceden
    If you have the original decals to send her then yeah... dont see why not - have PM'd you with the contact details
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    nice one, cheers. It's not something I'm going to do immediately, but maybe when the forks look a bit tatty, and i have a bit more spare cash lying around. :lol:
  • Simonhi
    miceden wrote:

Can you pass on the contact info to get some custom decals made please ?

I'm also wanting to get some decals done for some ZTR Arch rims from red to green.

Cheers,

Simon.