Bike hire in morzine. any help please

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited June 2010 in MTB general
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Depends what sort of bike syou want. There are maybe 4-5 shops in Morzine that hire decent bikes capable of tackling the majority of trails round the PdS. They are all roughly the same price - presonally I'd go to Baud Sport at the base of the Plenney lift as their bikes are set up with front brake on the right which is not true of all the shops. They are helpful guys and have good bikes. The downside might be that they dont have enough in.

In which case head for the shop at the top of the road down to the lower part of town - I think they stock Lapierre and another French brand and hire armour and so on too.

The town isn't that huge so you can amble round and check out prices and bikes before deciding. Alternately their are a couple of hire shops in Les Gets that might be a tad cheaper. Reckon on 60-70€ a day but with discounts for consecutie days.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You could try torico - http://toricomorzine.com - we've just opened a shop in Morzine this year. drop me an email - guy@toricomorzine.com and I can sort you out a discount.

We have Mondraker Prayers that should fit your requirements - solid 6 inch bikes with coil front and rear shocks. Plenty capable of handling a few DH tracks and more.

Prices are steep, but when you consider the beating the bikes take and the looking after they need out in the alps it's not too bad!

Cheers,

Guy
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    flowmtbguy wrote:
    You could try torico - http://toricomorzine.com - we've just opened a shop in Morzine this year. drop me an email - guy@toricomorzine.com and I can sort you out a discount.

We have Mondraker Prayers that should fit your requirements - solid 6 inch bikes with coil front and rear shocks. Plenty capable of handling a few DH tracks and more.

Prices are steep, but when you consider the beating the bikes take and the looking after they need out in the alps it's not too bad!

Cheers,

Guy

I didn't know Flow Mtb had opened a shop (as its new this year!) - go with them!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.