Head vs tree

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Was posted in the MTB section, but an impressive hit for any rider to appreciate:

http://video.mpora.com/watch/EB46ZVTUX

Ouch.

Comments

• Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Ooooh.

After a few more looks it does not look as bad I though - though he hit the top of his head, whereas it looks more like the front.

Just as well...

Was the guy alright?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A far as I know is ok: obviously was a bit stunned after it though lol.

Quite a few crashes at the race, course cut up very badly.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Oww, poor guy. He looks pretty dazed from that accident and don't blame him that's an impressive hit. Maybe he could also sideline as a boxer.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,187
    Even with a full facer on, I was surprised he got straight up ! A good reminder to wear a decent helmet....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
    I like the moment @ 21 secs when he looks at the bike and quite clearly thinks, "You know what, I'm not getting back on the bike, I think I'll have a wee sit down instead"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    I like the moment @ 21 secs when he looks at the bike and quite clearly thinks, "You know what, I'm not getting back on the bike, I think I'll have a wee sit down instead"

Yep, definitely an opportunity to take a little breather.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition