It wasn't meant to be this way!

nich
nich Posts: 888
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
My fears previous to commuting were....

- Car drivers in London will be terrible, but near home in the suburbs they will be kind and caring towards cyclists

- Roundabouts are to be feared, especially big ones!

- Bus drivers will sit on my tail if i use the bus lanes and beep me lots

However!

I find car drivers in London really quite good. Every time I have had a dodgy moment it's been local to me. In fact, just 15 minutes ago, in a generally quiet street just one away from my home, some stressed out business man pulled around me at speed only to slow down as there was not space for the oncoming car. The road is about 60 metres in length, not worth it chap!

Roundabouts, I love'em, I love'em more at rush hour as the cars are pretty much static. My favourite so far is the London Wall, it almost feels like a banked corner :P

And well, bus drivers don't drive up my arse, they stop every 50m to pick up lazy peds so it's me cycling up behind them :P

Just felt like posting, got a happy buzz feeling from the commute ' n all ;)

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Wait til the words 'new commuter' is removed from your back, then you'll find out about London commuting :lol::wink:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Wait til the words 'new commuter' is removed from your back, then you'll find out about London commuting :lol::wink:

What a cynic - you love it really 8)