Exmouth Exodus - Bristol to Exmouth overnight

Hugh A
Hugh A Posts: 1,189
It's this weekend (26th/27th) - anyone else here planning to ride it?

Just hoping for the good weather to hold!
I\'m sure I had one of those here somewhere

Comments

• Dunkindiver
    Dunkindiver Posts: 143
    I've booked my train tickets, so I'll be there!

I'm on a silver Allez Sport Triple with a seat pannier!
  • Hugh A
    Hope to see you there. I'll probably be riding a Planet X Uncle John. Just keeping my fingers crossed for continuing good weather!
  • williamac
    williamac Posts: 71
    I'll be there - whatever the weather can not be as bad as last year. I live in Somerset and it was the first time I had seen the Cheddar Gorge river :D
  • mr_tricolore
    mr_tricolore Posts: 255
    I'll be there too, and I'll be riding the Dartmoor Classic on Sunday too. If you see a Yogi jersey at the start, that'll be me! I'm riding a black Specialized Roubaix, but so is everybody else!

You can sponsor me for this 210 miles with no sleep challenge here

By the way, has anyone tried to register on the EE forum and got no response or is it just me?
    You only need one!
    FGG #2909
  • Dunkindiver
    Dunkindiver Posts: 143
    I've sent 2 requests to be added to the forum without success!
  • Nice one enjoy the rides.
  • Hugh A
    I've sent 2 requests to be added to the forum without success!
    you could always try e-mailing Chuffy just to check. Or maybe p mailing him on the forum as I think he is a member.

I expect he will bring a few extra route sheets.

Hope to see you there.
  • :D:D:D:D:D 3rd time for me, can't wait for big cheese full moon :D:D:D:D:D

this year three of us from tiverton roadhogs are riding.

fair play yogi member,did ee 09 and dartmoor classic 09, but back to back is full on.
    if i got any gels left you can have!

will be seen howling at the moon
  • Hugh A
    Well - what a night - perfect weather and a large red moon rising over Somerset. Interesting moody mists in Devon and a very fried breakfast in Exmouth!

Great stops in Cheddar and North curry. Not sure I should have had that pasta but it went down well at the time. Well done to the organizers and to everyone that rode. A fine experience :D
  • Bagonabike
    Bagonabike Posts: 2,239
    Hugh A! I don't remember seeing you this year, but I must have done...mind you, there were some points when I was so busy buttering Soreen that I didn't look up for 5 minutes at a time.

There are some pics from the night on my
    flickr account here.

Hope that you'll all be back next year!
  • Hugh A
    Thanks Baggy - great photos - it was nice to see you running the lobster caff, but let's face it, it was dark and there were a lot of hungry cyclists around. In contract to 2008, I set off in good time so was a bit earlier all round and got to the cafe well before they were ready to serve breakfast. Still managed to get lost once though but we had a stroke of luck as a taxi driver happened to show up at a quiet cross-roads about 3am just in time to stop us going in completely the wrong direction - after we had convinced him we really didn't want a lift!