Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB workshop & tech

Frequency of bike servicing

UK2004UK2004 Posts: 137
edited June 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
What is the usual frequency for servicing a bike? I have been back cycling for about 9 months and have not taken my bike for a service yet, also the suspension fork, how often si that usually serviced, I have ridden I would imagine about 30 hours realistically in the time I have been back riding and my fork was never tuned to my weight and the lockout never worked properly, is it worth going in for a bike and fork service and in London who are acknowledged as reliable for good service, I haven't even lubed the chain or anything since I got it, worried its a bit neglected now!

• chedabobchedabob Posts: 1,133
    Forks are supposed to be serviced every 50 hours or something like that.
  • GHillGHill Posts: 2,402
    9 months with no servicing is a bit neglected. Lots of variables though and 30 hours isn't a huge amount. Is there anything wrong with it?

Fork service intervals very a lot between manufacturers and models. A Fox float should be serviced every 15 hours according to Fox, new DT Swiss forks are every 200 hours.
  • UK2004UK2004 Posts: 137
    Nothing major, I do notice a bit of clunking sometimes when changign gear and the lockout never worked properly no the fork so would be nice to also get that done.