Buddies wanted - NE London area

LondonMTB
LondonMTB Posts: 79
edited August 2010 in Women
Wondering if anyone's near Epping Forest/Wanstead area and looking for buddies to cycle with? I am a relative beginner but have good basic fitness and am keen to get better/push myself - not afraid of long rides, either...

Comments

• mtb-gav
    mtb-gav Posts: 83
    Hi

Are you looking for ladies only too ride with?

Gav
  • LondonMTB
    LondonMTB Posts: 79
    Not necessarily, just normal people! Am a bit tied up with other commitments at the moment but thinking of arranging a Big Ride some time soon...will post on here if so. Where abouts are you?
  • mtb-gav
    im in loughton, so ride over epping forest, thorndon park(brentwood) and have been to surrey hills once, loved it over there just awsome, sorting a return in a couple of weeks back to surrey hills.

Am i normal? LOL some might say no. But i think i am. I also do a bit of road riding too, did the London to Brighton at the weekend :D loved it.

wher are you? and whats your name?

Gav
  • chain oyl
    chain oyl Posts: 1
    hi, i ride in epping. i mainly ride solo now, as my group ride in the mornings, which i cant do much anymore.
    i should be going this saturday pm, so give me a shout if you fancy a blat.
  • smallred
    smallred Posts: 73
    I'm in Hackney! I'm away a lot at the mo but come September I should be back to some sort of a regular schedule so would appreciate people to ride with too. LondonMTB, must go check that other thread, haven;t been back there since I last posted :O
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Kona Lisa HT
    Specialized Tricross Triple
  • mtb-gav
    Cool

just let me know when yuo wanna ride and we can meet up

Gav
  • smallred
    Hello! I'm already a maybe for Aston Hill on Sunday, but that depends on whether I feel sprightly enough after a party Sat night and whether my cracked rib feels up to the risk of falling on rocks again. I have a feeling I'll still be feeling a bit old so could be up for something a bit gentler around Epping Forest or something instead. Are you guys around?

I've ridden up there from my place before, up the Lea Navigation (about 12 miles then cutting across to High Beech by road), but stuck the bike in the back of the car other times. What do you guys normally do?
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Kona Lisa HT
  • mtb-gav
    Smallred

looking to go to surrey hills this weekend if you fancy it?
    going on sunday early from loughton.

Gav
  • smallred
    being realistic I doubt I'll make anything early on Sunday!

How long does it take you to get there usually? The best I've done it in is about 2 hours. It;s taken 3 on a Saturday when the traffic has been bad. I've always gone straight through though, instead of Blackwall Tunnell/M25. What way do you go?
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Kona Lisa HT
  • mtb-gav
    i have only been the once!!!! and it took about hour and a half. Went round the 25.

Let me know if you fancy it, you could meet us later out side the village tea shop.
  • smallred
    after this morning's painful yoga attemts I'm staying off the mtb for at least another week. My arm's still not going in all the directions it's meant to be and my rib's sore, so I'd better be sensible and rest up so it can heal :( If I fall on it again it'll only prolong it. Bugger...
    Trek Fuel EX8
    Kona Lisa HT