661 elbow pads

jhl
jhl Posts: 9
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Thinking of getting some 661 elbow pads for general trail riding. Which is lower profile the race or the evo?

Comments

• evo, race i find are too bulky
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • jhl
    jhl Posts: 9
    Thanks. I'll order a set now.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I just bought some chicken thingy majig mapds for my elbows - dunno if I will wear them for general trails but might do for trail centres and such. Seem reasonably comfortable.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    None of the 661 elbow pads are especially good IMO. POC's Bone arm pads are a bit more expensive but worth every penny, they seem a bit large and downhilly but they're less restrictive and less sweaty than anything else I've tried, and there's no discomfort or pressure at all from them. Brilliant kit. Too many elbow pads try to be small and end up being compromised for that reason, the chicken wings are a great example of that.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • HedleyP
    HedleyP Posts: 8
    I use the Brand-X X Elbow & Forearm Guards (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=7090) and wore them for the first time yesterday.

After a few minutes I had completely forgotten they were there until I messed up a jump and went all over the place. The scratches in the hard plastic would have been my elbows so very pleased. Shame I didn't have knee, shin and shoulder pads as well ;-(
    I'm good at falling off.
  • largephil
    largephil Posts: 358
    I used some 661 Evos for the first time last week. Nothing to compare them to but they fit well, not too bulky, forgot I was wearing them. Plenty of cover for protection, seem like a very good bit of kit to me.