Cycling at Glasto

FeynmanC
FeynmanC Posts: 649
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
I've just had a fun day riding down to see The Lady, who is currently on site at Glastonbury Festival and i'm joining her for the actual event next friday.

She's got her bike with her and i'm taking mine down when I go.

We're not "main stage" types, preferring to explore the quieter areas so i'm not worried about being stuck in the crowds with them too much.

Has anyone had any experience of bikes at Glasto? Anyone going this year?
us0.png

Comments

• Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    Take a crap MTB you don't mind getting nicked. You aren't going to be able to ride anywhere at Glasto.

If you fancy doing the diesel run at 5am in the morning with a tank of fuel behind you I could get you a job....
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You'll need to ride something that will be able to handle the knee deep mud that will be there when the forcast downpoors next weekend fall from the skies. I'll be watching it frpom the comfort of the sofa with a 5 second queue for the loos.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    You can't cycle at Glastonbury, even in the quiet areas there are too many people.
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Back, knackered, but much less so than I would have been as I cycled pretty much everywhere! :D

The camp was outside the main fence so the trek to even get to the pedestrian gate would have taken about 10 mins without the bikes and once inside we could generally go with or faster than the foot traffic.

I lost count of the number of people that saw the bikes and said how they wish they had got theirs as we freewheeled past, catching the cooling breeze against the burning hot sun. 8)

If we wanted to go into busier areas we just dropped the bikes into the free property lockups. Never a queue and it only took 5 mins to drop off or collect.

Definitely going to take them again, though not sure it would be as good in a wet year.
    us0.png
  • zrazzle
    zrazzle Posts: 79
    Good stuff, like the other people were saying I can't imagine cycling at Glastonbury. Any pics of you on your bikes amidst the hoards?
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Having been there in 2007, I thought there was no way anyone could ride at Glasto, so it was a real surprise to see people on bikes. Get one of those Nokia bike-powered-battery-chargers and it could be profitable weekend (a few stalls were charging £5 to charge a mobile!!!)