Forum home Road cycling forum Amateur race

BC Point system

13

Posts

  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    edited June 2010
    No cause you should know what being on the front does, if you wanted to stay on the front it's your own silly fault finishing near the back.

    What is it with nobheads on this forum trying to tell me I would have come at the back?

    I was racing not you, I know how many riders were in front of me and that there was only a couple more laps until I finished. So p155 off trying to tell me what would happen when you was not there, and you do not know what state I was in.

    Honestly, this forum is so up it's own censored and full of [email protected] I wonder why I bother still posting here, all out to prove people wrong and hope they fail.

    Where I were when I crashed is not irrelevant, it gives me the knowledge that I was coping better than my last race, me crashing was nothing to do with how much energy I had left. I knew full well if I made it to the sprint I'd not be spat out of the back, that only happens when I sit on the front for ages, which I did not do.

    I'm actually learning from each race I'm doing unlike some people.
  • ju5t1nju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    freehub wrote:
    I deffo would have done better if it was not for the crash.
    Ace ace ace!
  • ju5t1nju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    RoadieBob wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    So I can ring up BC now if I wanted and become a 3rd cat? Wtf is the point in that?
    So you can get your Assos kicked in an E/1/2/3 :wink:

    How would I get my censored kicked in E/1/2/3? Since I'm already racing with E/1/2/3.

    I'm getting better, I was in the top 10 of an E/1/2/3/4 race today until I crashed, I should have known it would happen, the number on my back was 13.

    E/1/2/3/4? I've never seen that before, where / when was this race?
    Here's one...

    http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/events ... ace-League
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    It was split results.
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    edited June 2010
    freehub wrote:
    No cause you should know what being on the front does, if you wanted to stay on the front it's your own silly fault finishing near the back.

    good tip - thanks... :D

    Next time I will just get on the front and stay there until the end. I'm sure all the other riders will be fine with that.

    I'm sure you're not actually a vacant idiot Will - but you really do come across like one sometimes......
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    No, I just get enraged at people on the internets wanting people to fail and get spat out of the back.

    I don't get your comment? It comes across as if I was saying it's best to stay on the front? I said it's pathetic sitting on the front.
  • StuntmanStuntman Posts: 267
    I think people aren't doubting you and your abilities, they're simply saying you can't say how you would've finished in the race if it were not for the crash.

    I completely agree that some people are on here as wind-up merchants and want to just put you down. Ignore them. But the majority of people are pretty decent on here.

    It's great that you're learning and hope you weren't injured in your crash. It's definately not the fittest guy that wins every race, tactics are a mega part of it.

    Good work.
    Specialized Epic
    Specialized Enduro
    Specialzied Transition
  • grantusgrantus Posts: 690
    What was the question again :?: :?: :?:
  • BronzieBronzie Posts: 4,927
    freehub wrote:
    Honestly, this forum is so up it's own censored and full of [email protected] I wonder why I bother still posting here, all out to prove people wrong and hope they fail.
    You are way too easy to wind up - don't take everything as a personal attack and try to develop a sense of humour FFS.
  • freehub wrote:
    Why would you want to stay a 3rd cat, why not try and become a 2nd?

    Simple - so you can still ride the nice easy races that are only 30 to 60 miles long, you don't have to train so much as E/1/2 are generally 80 miles and there are hardly any 2/3 races around these days.

    It's not difficult to get to a 2nd cat as long as you can sprint. :D
  • jibberjimjibberjim Posts: 2,810
    freehub wrote:
    Why would you want to stay a 3rd cat, why not try and become a 2nd?

    Simple - so you can still ride the nice easy races that are only 30 to 60 miles long, you don't have to train so much as E/1/2 are generally 80 miles and there are hardly any 2/3 races around these days.

    It's not difficult to get to a 2nd cat as long as you can sprint. :D

    Even without a sprint, I think I could probably get enough minor placings in 3's and 3/4's to get up to 2nd cat, but what's the value in that? I go from racing in a bunch where I'm strong enough to make mistakes and still survive long enough to recovery and make another mistake. I get to learn a number of things not to do in a race, rather than just learning once in a bigger race.

    Once I've learnt all these things, I can then get some good podium results to get the 2nd cat licence, and it'll be good as I will then still be ready to do something in a 2/3 or 1/2/3 race rather than just hanging on.

    The cats are to make fair races, and right now, it's fair that I'm a 3rd cat.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Thick TesterThick Tester Posts: 380
    edited June 2010
    TBH.... The lad did well...

    How many of you lot could hold Ben Swifts wheel at 50kph into a headwind...

    He did

    Leave off him
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    freehub wrote:
    No cause you should know what being on the front does, if you wanted to stay on the front it's your own silly fault finishing near the back.

    What is it with nobheads on this forum trying to tell me I would have come at the back?

    I was racing not you, I know how many riders were in front of me and that there was only a couple more laps until I finished. So p155 off trying to tell me what would happen when you was not there, and you do not know what state I was in.

    Honestly, this forum is so up it's own censored and full of [email protected] I wonder why I bother still posting here, all out to prove people wrong and hope they fail.

    Where I were when I crashed is not irrelevant, it gives me the knowledge that I was coping better than my last race, me crashing was nothing to do with how much energy I had left. I knew full well if I made it to the sprint I'd not be spat out of the back, that only happens when I sit on the front for ages, which I did not do.

    I'm actually learning from each race I'm doing unlike some people.

    Honestly, mate we are only taking the mick, your posts are too good to pass up sometimes, it just cannot be helped. You sound like you are getting on well racing, I race too, I could do better but I keep making bad tactical judgements, all my mates take the pi55 and we have a laugh. thats all we're doing here, no malice on my front and sorry you took it wrong. :wink:
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    freehub wrote:

    I don't get your comment? It comes across as if I was saying it's best to stay on the front? I said it's pathetic sitting on the front.

    Tactically it might not be very astute - especially if you don't have the legs for it - but I would hardly call it 'pathetic'. If you are 'involved' in a race then it's quite likely that you will spend some time on the front sooner or later....
  • RoadieBobRoadieBob Posts: 48
    ju5t1n wrote:
    RoadieBob wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    So I can ring up BC now if I wanted and become a 3rd cat? Wtf is the point in that?
    So you can get your Assos kicked in an E/1/2/3 :wink:

    How would I get my censored kicked in E/1/2/3? Since I'm already racing with E/1/2/3.

    I'm getting better, I was in the top 10 of an E/1/2/3/4 race today until I crashed, I should have known it would happen, the number on my back was 13.

    E/1/2/3/4? I've never seen that before, where / when was this race?
    Here's one...

    http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/events ... ace-League

    Cheers mate - I've never seen that around my way. Seems like a bad idea if you ask me, but there we go!
  • PokerfacePokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'm quite often near (not ON) the front of the bunch right until the final sprint. If it's flat - I'm in there with a shot. If it's uphill, I can finish near the back of the pack. Just goes to prove that riding near the front at any point in the race isn't an indication of how you'll finish.


    Will - did you get enough points to move up from 4th to 3rd cat? I didn't think you were going to get a BC race licence.
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    softlad wrote:
    freehub wrote:

    I don't get your comment? It comes across as if I was saying it's best to stay on the front? I said it's pathetic sitting on the front.

    Tactically it might not be very astute - especially if you don't have the legs for it - but I would hardly call it 'pathetic'. If you are 'involved' in a race then it's quite likely that you will spend some time on the front sooner or later....

    It is stupid, giving everyone an advantage by sitting on the front most of a race is hardly good, unless you're gonna get to the top quick and easily then almost certainly after being on the front you'd end up being out sprinted.

    I did a race at darley moor, they were all laughing at me behind, I towed em round then got spat out the back due to sitting on the front. The second time round in the handicap I came second with people that destroyed me on the first one, this was because the second time round, I did not spend my time on the front.
    Pokerface wrote:
    I'm quite often near (not ON) the front of the bunch right until the final sprint. If it's flat - I'm in there with a shot. If it's uphill, I can finish near the back of the pack. Just goes to prove that riding near the front at any point in the race isn't an indication of how you'll finish.


    Will - did you get enough points to move up from 4th to 3rd cat? I didn't think you were going to get a BC race licence.

    I have not got any points yet, I only got a BC license yesterday, I had to get one, these Tameside races are too good to miss.

    I also want to do a race back in York, should be an awesome atmosphere, racing round the streets of York city centre.
  • BronzieBronzie Posts: 4,927
    freehub wrote:
    I also want to do a race back in York, should be an awesome atmosphere, racing round the streets of York city centre.
    That sounds pretty cool - what race is it?
  • PokerfacePokerface Posts: 7,960
    Bronzie wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    I also want to do a race back in York, should be an awesome atmosphere, racing round the streets of York city centre.
    That sounds pretty cool - what race is it?


    York City Centre Races - on July 25

    http://www.york.gov.uk/transport/cyclin ... ity_Races/



    I'll be there.
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    freehub wrote:
    It is stupid, giving everyone an advantage by sitting on the front most of a race is hardly good, unless you're gonna get to the top quick and easily then almost certainly after being on the front you'd end up being out sprinted.

    it might be stupid for you, right enough - but it doesn't mean it's stupid for everyone else. Some riders are strong enough to dictate the pace on the front and still have enough left to contest the final sprint. Just because you can't do that, doesn't make it stupid....
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    If someone can sit on the front for the whole race, then win the sprint, then they're gonna get to cat 1 for sure.
  • PokerfacePokerface Posts: 7,960
    Someone has to ride on the front. Christ - even I have found myself with the entire bunch up my rear end at times! But I'm not strong enough to spend long out there.
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    Pokerface wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    I also want to do a race back in York, should be an awesome atmosphere, racing round the streets of York city centre.
    That sounds pretty cool - what race is it?


    York City Centre Races - on July 25

    http://www.york.gov.uk/transport/cyclin ... ity_Races/



    I'll be there.

    Organised by Clifton CC, shame I'll be racing as Manchester Wheelers.
    Pokerface wrote:
    Someone has to ride on the front. Christ - even I have found myself with the entire bunch up my rear end at times! But I'm not strong enough to spend long out there.

    Of course someone has to ride on the front, but it changes, anyone who can sit on the front towing everyone round for the whole race, then win it, will be going places quickly in cycling.

    On that Tameside circuit when I get to the front I might do about a lap, then make someone else go to the front, some people don't even spend that long on the front, some people longer.
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    freehub wrote:
    If someone can sit on the front for the whole race, then win the sprint, then they're gonna get to cat 1 for sure.

    so you're saying 1st cats are stupid...? :D
  • PokerfacePokerface Posts: 7,960
    freehub wrote:
    Of course someone has to ride on the front, but it changes, anyone who can sit on the front towing everyone round for the whole race, then win it, will be going places quickly in cycling.

    On that Tameside circuit when I get to the front I might do about a lap, then make someone else go to the front, some people don't even spend that long on the front, some people longer.


    You have details of this Tameside race? Are there more?
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    There is one next Tuesday, and the Tuesday after.
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    softlad wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    If someone can sit on the front for the whole race, then win the sprint, then they're gonna get to cat 1 for sure.

    so you're saying 1st cats are stupid...? :D

    But they don't sit on the front for the whole race then win the sprint, it's probably rare that ever happens.

    Maybe a pro in a field full of amateurs could.

    If you think it's possible softlad, come down to the Tameside crit and sit on the front and watch yourself get dropped. Or try get one of the best riders there to sit on the front and watch them tell you to fcuk off.
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    freehub wrote:

    If you think it's possible softlad, come down to the Tameside crit and sit on the front and watch yourself get dropped. Or try get one of the best riders there to sit on the front and watch them tell you to fcuk off.

    oops - he's off again..... :lol:

    I'll leave you alone now Will, because I'm beginning to feel guilty.....
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    softlad wrote:
    freehub wrote:

    If you think it's possible softlad, come down to the Tameside crit and sit on the front and watch yourself get dropped. Or try get one of the best riders there to sit on the front and watch them tell you to fcuk off.

    oops - he's off again..... :lol:

    I'll leave you alone now Will, because I'm beginning to feel guilty.....

    I'm not off again I'm just pointing out facts. No rider is going to sit on the front for a whole race, getting laughed at, just to get blown off at the end.
  • ju5t1nju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    freehub wrote:
    ...come down to the Tameside crit and sit on the front and watch yourself get dropped.
    These are great quotes, keep it up. ROFL
Sign In or Register to comment.