LEJOG as part of family road trip holiday

stokepa31
stokepa31 Posts: 559
edited June 2010 in Tour & expedition
It looks highly likely I will be made redundant on 14th July. This is a good thing :)

I want to look at the possibility of doing LEJOG with my family having a holiday at the same time. The plan would be to hire a camper van and me to ride during the day with my family having a day out before meeting me at the end of the day at a campsite

has anyone done this and was it a good or bad thing to attempt. Any ideas on good hire companies would also be appreciated. looking to do it over two weeks.

cheers
Paul
Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
Genesis IO ID
Moda Canon

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Hey Paul - I haven't done this, but recently rode with my wife following me in the car. The "top" and bottom of the countries are great for this - and a camper van would save packing hassles, but you should not underestimate the amount of driving that this will entail - for instance, if you are covering 100 miles a day, your wife will be doing at least 2 hours of driving each and every day (depending on route).

I am so glad I did it with my missus who didn't want to cycle it though - she saw some incredible parts of the country (Lakes/Cornwall/Shropshire/Highlands) etc - as did I.

Remember the midges in Scotland too. They are blood thirsty little feckers!