Not for One Moment

2»

Comments

• dugliss
    dugliss Posts: 235
    g00se wrote:
    The grocers were OK - the one that's been next to that horrible Budgens was always good.

Have the pubs improved any? The Cat and Lantern was OK years ago - before it became that "Village Bar".

You`re right, that grocers is good but there`s about 4 identical ones now!! Most of the pubs have shut now, the only one left is the big one round the corner( might be the Prince of Wales)
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I've left my commuter unlocked a few times, just take the front wheel with me. Enough to put the casual thief off. I don't really care if somebody nicks it though!
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    andy83 wrote:
    I tend to take bikes in with me, people rarely object.

+1

if no lock with me bike comes in or i go elsewhere

Yep - local Somerfields - first time I smiled at the security guard, who beckoned me in, my cleats slip-sliding all over the floor.

Second time, different security guard, said to keep it outside but he'd watch it for me! :D
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    So if you're out on a long ride and need to pop into a corner shop for a quick sugar fix.....?

abus%20combiflex%20202.jpg
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    I tend to take bikes in with me, people rarely object.

I leave mine inside my local ALDI if I pop in on way home from work for milk etc.
    They never object
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Matt.K
    Matt.K Posts: 105
    This all reminds me of a conversation I had with my Grandma a few weeks age.
    She's always complaining that there's not enough bike racks outside the Morrisons she shops at.
    So one morning she arrived and the bike racks were all full. Her response to this was to wheel her bike into the foyer, hand it to a security guard, smile and say:
    "There's no space on the bike racks so you can keep an eye on this for me"
    She walked off in to the store before he could object and did her shopping.

I think he must have been to shocked to say or do anything and was still stood there with her bike when she came back a few minutes later.
    Then they had a long chat about the inadequate facilities and how she'd complained to the manager several times and nothing had been done.
  • Bikehawk
    Bikehawk Posts: 102
    Locking your bike won't stop bits going missing. Had mine locked to a railing with a longish cable lock (both wheels and frame), took off the quick release saddle and started walking up the street. Pretty girl passed, turned to look and saw 2 scum bags trying to take the saddle clamp. Shouted and ran back to my bike, luckily udoing the clamp and lifting it off was too technical for them. Nearby motorbike shop owner let me leave it in his shop for the 10 mins I needed. After that any bike I take into town has all the quick releases replaced.