Glasgow Flooding

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
This was on my usual route in, happened at the time I should have been passing. However, did "extra" and came in Dumbarton Road. Will have to take alternative route home.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/10348907.stm
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Saw that on the news. At least it's a nice day for an extended commute.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Wow! 10ft of water!

Cowcaddens is where I grew up. Is that the underpass below the M8 with all those metal flower structures?
  • Apparently it was a 3' diameter pipe which burst, I would guess that can leak at quite a rate!
  • Wallace1492
    kelsen wrote:
    Wow! 10ft of water!

Cowcaddens is where I grew up. Is that the underpass below the M8 with all those metal flower structures?

The one and the same. Been closed to cyclists/peds for over 9 months, had £1.5m spent on it, just about to re-open.... then wham - flooded out.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Wallace you sure you didn't set up this situation so you could extend your commute? :wink:
  • Wallace1492
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Wallace you sure you didn't set up this situation so you could extend your commute? :wink:

Well I did have to extend it on Friday night! Usually just head straight home, and on Friday I was heading to the pub to meet a friend to errrrrr cheer on England..... :shock:

Will have to see if road is open tomorrow, as my legs are shot after doing my first Imperial Ton today.

And tomorrow, I have stupidy arranged to climb a Munro (hill over 3,000 ft) after work as a Midsummer Madness escapade - Ben Lomond. Start at 7pm, should be back at car by 11pm :shock: :? :shock: