Anyone in Majorca for a ride from Sun 27th June

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
Hi

Anyone in Majorca between Sun 27th June and Thursday 8th July and fancy meeting up for a ride ?
I'm staying down in the south west of the island as normal but I'm looking to get up to the north a few times for a change of scenery, wife and kids permitting.
Have a car so can travel to most parts of the island.

Regards
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Wow, that's ambitious. I can't imagine what the place is like in July - have been going since 10 years ago in March April when it's dead.

How hot is it?
    How many cars are there on the roads?
    How many coaches are there?

Good luck and take care! Maybe it's not that bad. Please take a picture at the bottom of the Colobra, would love to see how many people there are there...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    I go a couple of times a year and regularly this sort of time and then again in August (well the kids don't like cold swimming pools and neither do I !)
    Yeah its hot, just set off early.
    Still see quite a few riders about even at this time of year.
    Road are really quiet up in the mountains.
    I'll see about the pics !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Steve GT
    Steve GT Posts: 383
    Just returned from a week in Pollensa. It was pretty quite, maybe due to the World Cup?
    Did some good training rides for the Marmotte.
    One of my favourite rides, although it starts in Pollensa, goes through Alaro, Union, Bunyola, Soller and then back to Pollensa via Puig Major. Well worth it.
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • Temps are ok in the med if you can go out at 6 or 7 am and do 2-3 hours before the sun is high. Leave it much later and you will be riding in 35 degrees plus.

Main problem in Majorca in the summer are the tourist coaches going up the mountains to the monasteries etc. You do not want to be coming down when they are going up - another reason to do it as early as possible. They need to go really wide on a lot of the corners - they will be on your side of the road, guaranteed.

Descend with caution and happy riding!