Orange 5 futureproofing

CustomReign
CustomReign Posts: 185
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Anyone got any inside info on when Orange might bring out the FIVE with a tapered headtube like the one MBR are testing. I liked the 5 I tested a few yeras back but the head angle let it down. Now it's slacker and I'm now in the market for a new bike, I fancy something new for my 16 stone lardy arse.

Polished frame of course!

Comments

• Should be out in the next few months,

Tapered headtube
    Fatter seat tube,
    Longer top tube (to accommodate shorter stem)
    Maxle rear end

You'll only get a polished one if you're a team rider, which I guess you're not as you wouldn't have asked if you were :wink:
  • CustomReign
    Hoping they still do it as a custom frame option for £100.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Not sure I understand the fatter seat tube option, I'm assuming it's to align with some of the larger posts on the market making it more "useable".

Not sure why they are fixing something that's not broke.
    Craig Rogers
  • CustomReign
    Could it be that the 27mm option didn't give as much of a rigid feel as desired? Hoping it's a size that'll fit my Thomson post.
  • x-isle
    Maybe, but they've taken a long time to work that out?
    Craig Rogers
  • Probably got something to do with adjustable seatposts not being widely available in 27.2mm too
  • Mancunianfightingcat
    Mancunianfightingcat Posts: 2,054
    edited June 2010
  • CustomReign
    Maybe true, but they wouldn't stay in business without making people think they were missing out on something. A few revisions here and there keeps it all alive.
  • x-isle
    Possibly, although the Gravity Dropper fits, which (imo) is great as it's simple.
    Craig Rogers
  • Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    Yeah they have updated the seat tube to 30.9 or somit like that for ajustable seat posts. Read singletrack for the new 5
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    If you cant wait for the tapered head version get out and pick up this years model. Picked myself up a five pro on sale back in march and kitted it out with the performance kit and a maxel rear end, can't honestly say where I would benfit from it being even stiffer, a fork that doesn't flutter as much as the fox float maybe but thats just splitting hairs.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play