What would you miss for a good ride?

England v Algeria in the pub tonight? :wink:

Comments

• largephil
    largephil Posts: 358
    This should probably be in mtb general really :roll:
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    I wouldn't miss England losing to Algeria for the World :)
  • I wouldn't miss a Five Nations or Rugby World cup game for biking, Football I'd happily pass over for some kind of eye gouging...
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Football? No chance, I wouldn't waste my time watching it, whether I was biking, sleeping, driving or painting.......

Rugby? No you are talking......

Watching Football frustrates the hell out of me. I can't watch 5 minutes without thinking how pathetic they are. It's a shame, because it's such a skillful game, but played by complete cheating cockheads.

Phew, rant over...... :roll:

However, I think the Football World Cup is fantastic........it means that the trails are empty! :)
    Craig Rogers
  • Oxygen Thief
    I must say I do like how so far the majority of MTBers I have come across, in regards to sport, are rugby fans over footy. :-D

TheKrikkitWars

5 nations? Little bit retro! haha
  • Gilesw2010
    Gilesw2010 Posts: 121
    Best of both worlds today.

I just so happen to have a 'meeting' this afternoon (read - home by half one and hitting the local trails by 2!)

back for six o clock, collect curry from local takeaway and sit down for the match!
  • largephil
    More of a rugby man my self (rugby league = proper rugby :lol: )

Would not normally miss the football in such a big game either, but not been able to ride for over 6 weeks through injury and a couple of mates are doing Gisburn later... tough choice but the ride gets it! Thank god for sky pluss 8)
  • x-isle
    I'm probably going to watch the match to be honest, I'll time how long it takes before the veins appear in my temples..... :)
    Craig Rogers
  • TheKrikkitWars

That's what I grew up watching, and I'm not going to start calling it the Six Nations until Italy manages to win it.
  • x-isle
    May as well call it the 3 nations then as Scotland and England don't look likely to win it either..... :)

(yes, I am Welsh)......

[Lights the touch paper and runs away....]
    Craig Rogers
  • Oxygen Thief
    TheKrikkitWars

That's what I grew up watching, and I'm not going to start calling it the Six Nations until Italy manages to win it.

Me too. Not for a while then :wink:
  • largephil
    Well.... am I ever glad I didnt waste 90 mins of my life watching a terrible game :lol:

Great ride too!
  • Oxygen Thief
    What a pile of piss. As much as I like seeing England fail, because they think they have some kind of divine right to win things?! That game last night was just so boring!! Had to turn over or i would have fallen asleep.
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    x ilse :lol:

we got humped by the kiwis today though :(

at least it didnet clash with my ride though.....to early was in bed!
  • Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    Might skip a ride for a good rugby game or a world cup final but not a regular football match.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    largephil wrote:
    What would you miss for a good ride?
    Not much :twisted:
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    I've got to agree with largephil with respect to the fact that I might stop in to watch a good game of proper rugby (League), but I will actively go out to avoid the football.