Itv4 and the TDF live coverage

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited June 2010 in Pro race
No exact schedules or times but this seems fine:

For the first time, ITV4 will broadcast live coverage from every stage of the 2010 Tour de France, as well as comprehensive previews and daily highlights.

ITV4 has previously broadcast highlights of the event, with live coverage at weekends. The Tour kicks off on Saturday 3 July in Rotterdam, before travelling through Brussels and France, finishing in Paris on the Champs Elysees three weeks later on Sunday 25 July. This year’s Tour, the 97th, covers 3600 kilometres over 20 stages.

ITV4’s coverage will be presented by Gary Imlach with former Tour de France rider and Olympic champion Chris Boardman. Commentary will come from Phil Liggett with reports from Jill Douglas and Ned Boulting.

ITV.com will stream coverage throughout the tour along with video highlights of each stage. The site will also host a beginner’s guide to the Tour, rider profiles and video diaries from the British riders along with Twitter updates throughout the race. ITV’s successful Tour de France podcast also returns with daily updates.

British interest in this year’s Tour is likely to be high with a British team competing and success for British riders in 2009. Last year Bradley Wiggins finished fourth overall and Mark Cavendish won an unprecedented six stages.

Zai Bennett, ITV Director of Digital Channels said: “The Tour de France is cycling’s premier event and ITV4’s coverage has developed a great reputation over the past five years. I’m delighted that we will now be broadcasting live coverage throughout the Tour.”
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Cannot F-in wait! :D

My dissertation is going to play serious second fiddle to this...
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just got my Virgin TV package upgraded so I can get Eurosport but the deal is I get it FOC for 2 months which happens to cover the TDF period :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Just got HD so as much as like ITV, it's gotta be Eurosport HD for me...
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    This is awesome - streaming TDF - thanks ITV.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,096
    can't wait!
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Jill Douglas to ITV? That's more like Man U to Wigan.

I'm glad about this, I've got Eurosport Player but I do like watching real life TV so Freeview = ITV4 and good times.

Interestingly, because I'm working nearly full time, this will be the first TDF I can't watch religiously.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Hooooray there is a cycle race next month. (where were you in March)
    The British Media have found it and will plug it to their profits content.

What was that on the shop magazine rack - TDF Survival Pack - WTF is that all about.
    Now see if it is as good (exciting) as the Giro. (where was the media then) 8)

I think you can gather that I am well past the Hype (don' bother with the snide remarks) as I've been too many times and enjoyed the Mobile French Carnival that helps the cycle race along.

I just hope for a cycle race and less about this 21st century Team Tactics. (ban the radios)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    What illness can I be stricken with that will keep me on a sofa for three weeks in July?
    Work seems to be under the delusion that only people with small children should be given annual leave in July.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Tusher wrote:
    What illness can I be stricken with that will keep me on a sofa for three weeks in July?
    Work seems to be under the delusion that only people with small children should be given annual leave in July.

You can rent my kids for the hols... that way I get to watch the tour in peace! :lol:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Tusher wrote:

Pregnancy?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Tusher wrote:

Badly break some bones. A bit of surgery and 6 weeks sofa time

Tried and tested by me in May 06.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    God if it aint bad enough listening to "Team Sherwin & Liggett" for an hour its now the whole stage - Both of them will be creaming themselves at the thought of who can mention Lance and "team Radioshack" the most plus their new Americanisms thrown in.

Give me Eurosport HD anytime - Harmon & Kelly are the best ....lets just hope they can silence that tw*t Carlton Kirby yet another armstrong ars kisser !!!