tired

milt
milt Posts: 115
edited June 2010 in MTB beginners
okay have been doing 17 miles 3 times a week and last week upped it to 20 but incorporated a few hills in this. got to be honest it has took me a week to feel strong enough to go back out, it reakky drained me.has it been lack of quality training or have i just over reached :(

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What are you training for?
    If you just mean getting fit, just ride and enjoy and you'll get fitter.
    Riding with a group can help as well, with plenty of rest stops on top of hills etc, the company makes everything easier.
    Check out the Rides forum. Down south we have a regular loose bunch in the Surrey Hills that cover all sorts of fitness and riding levels, and have fun, which is what it's all about.
    Plug away.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rieko
    rieko Posts: 121
    I think riding on your own can feel a lot more tiring. as it can feel a bit of a slog when your just powering though on your own in relative silence.

If your riding with company you can have a laugh and enjoy the ride a bit more and if you get to see someone fall off its keeps you entertained for the rest of the ride :P
    Giant TCR
    Giant TCX
  • PaulBarman
    PaulBarman Posts: 35
    maybe lack of quality recovery - take 2 rest days (so 1 more than usual?) after these harder rides for a few weeks untill you adapt.
  • Gilesw2010
    Gilesw2010 Posts: 121
    probably overdoing it a bit - Im currently training for a round wales charity ride in september - 700 miles in 7 days.

Currently Im riding six days per week but alternating longer/harder rides with shorter, flatter easier rides. I find if you go flat out every day you'll end up burning out in no time.

Maybe try 20 miles 1 day, 10 the next etc.
  • Ho hum
    Ho hum Posts: 236
    What is your post-ride routine like?

IME post-ride protein drinks really help tired muscles.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Maybe do a longer ride, then take the next day off, give you a chance to recover.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools