Did Boonen deliberately ride over Cav?

Coach H
Coach H Posts: 1,092
edited June 2010 in Pro race
From this pic he obviously had chance to move right. Was tha chance to ride right over Cav just an oppurtunity he felt couldn't be missed?
:wink:

markcavendishcrashtourd.jpg

NB This is a tongue in cheek thread but I could not insert a wink Emoticon in the title.
Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    who would you hit? Surely Cav is worth more than Haussler based on last season and future seasons... :D
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Boonen went down too. Don't forget they were going at stupid mph.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    If I had a choice I'd ride into Hushovd, he'd REALLY cushion the fall
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

With his hunky Nordic looks? You've been hanging around this forum too long and are getting camp.

If I had a choice...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I was camp long before I joined this forum
  • davidmiller
    davidmiller Posts: 320
    edited June 2010
    i'd probably run over him if I had chance and yes, I am talking about Cavendish. If what I read today is true about him spitting on the ground in front of other riders then he makes me ashamed to be British. what a complete and utter fool. Grow up will you.

Yours,

Completely Disillusioned.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    From what I'm reading generally you can assume the peloton had a whip round for Boonen if he did ;)
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    I can't help supportig him because he's British, but yes I'd happily ride over him. Ever since he rode past Cipo in the Tour of California (?) TT with one leg out of the pedal I thought he was a knob, and I've since nothing since that's changed my mind
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    colint wrote:
    I can't help supportig him because he's British, but yes I'd happily ride over him. Ever since he rode past Cipo in the Tour of California (?) TT with one leg out of the pedal I thought he was a knob, and I've since nothing since that's changed my mind

I'll support him because he's British - call me a blinkered patriot if you will - but I do agree he doesn't do himself any favours. FWIW, Cipo saw the funny side and they joked about it afterwards... but I suppose some people just love to be offended and won't miss an opportunity. :wink:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • cav is one of cipo's best pals. they were just joking around.

cav stayed with cipo while training for MSR last year and they still train together now I think.
  • iainf72 wrote:

With his hunky Nordic looks? You've been hanging around this forum too long and are getting camp.

If I had a choice...

very good choice,

I do not know Tom but it would take balls of steel to run someone over. would your natural reaction be to avoid?
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    cav is one of cipo's best pals. they were just joking around.

cav stayed with cipo while training for MSR last year and they still train together now I think.

That's rewriting history slightly, Cipo was well pi$$ed off after the TT and said he was going to have a chat with chav, sorry cav. Maybe they became friendly after that
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    If you watch the vid i'm sure boonen is aiming for cavs teeth
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Now if he had bunnyhopped over him and taken the win....
    Contador is the Greatest
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Now if he had bunnyhopped over him and taken the win....
    They need to start making this part of their training! 8) Would have loved to see the whole peloton bunny hop over the crash. Like a big Mexican wave.
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    29p3gc1.jpg
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    29p3gc1.jpg

Did Boonen's bike slice off his index finger? :shock:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey