Bike Cleaning

James23
James23 Posts: 113
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Hi Guys

I was wondering what tools you use to clean your bike as i am currantly looking at buying some brushs ect.

Cheers J

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    edited June 2010
    Don't use any tools for cleaning - just rags and elbow grease.

Bike specific cleaning tools and tools are always a ripoff, some you have to have some you can get away with especially when it comes to cleaning.

A simple car cleaning hose brush should do the job if you want a 'tool'...

As for chain cleaning tools - do a search there were simple, cheap and very effective ways mentioned over the last couple of days.
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    i just use an old ripped t shirt as a rag to wipe chain/frame clean etc. and an old toothbrush aswell for the chain and jockey wheels etc.
    so don't bother buying any brushes, but i would buy a decent degreaser, and a drippy teflon based lube
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Sponge and a nail brush from wilkos, hot water and washing up liquid.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    *AJ* wrote:
    Sponge and a nail brush from wilkos, hot water and washing up liquid.

+1
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    i just use an old ripped t shirt as a rag to wipe chain/frame clean etc. and an old toothbrush aswell for the chain and jockey wheels etc.
    so don't bother buying any brushes, but i would buy a decent degreaser, and a drippy teflon based lube

Pretty much this :) I would like a decent brush to get into the inner parts of the chainset/derailleur though.
  • Keep your eye out at Lidl or Aldi and buy yourself a chain cleaner that works a treat for the grand total of £3.99