Brand-X X Suit Body Armour

grant86
grant86 Posts: 31
edited June 2010 in MTB general
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=7088

It looks a good body armour for the price but I'm wondering would it be too hot in the summer? Looks pretty padded overall...what do you reckon?

(Don't know if this was the right section...feel free to move)

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I would rather spend that little bit extra and get the 661 Pressure Suit
  • grant86
    peter413 wrote:
    I would rather spend that little bit extra and get the 661 Pressure Suit

That's the one I wanted but they don't have my size. What do you think of this one? - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=24906
  • peter413
    Its the same, just a different colour.

Have you thought about the core suit and wearing different arm pads or not at all
  • grant86
    peter413 wrote:
    Its the same, just a different colour.

Have you thought about the core suit and wearing different arm pads or not at all

I like my arms and shoulders to be protected, just checked ebay and they have the armour you posted in my size, I'll probably go for that. Cheers!
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    just to mix it up a bit...

how about one of these

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... _Suit_2010

with some separate elbow pads?

thats what i use, and i find being able to take off the elbows really helps when it gets too hot (which it will)

and it means that you will have elbow guards to use on their own if you need them.

ive had many a mishap whilst wearing that suit and it gives a nice amount of protection in the shoulder and spine areas
  • peter413
    What do you think of the spine plate on the Assualt suit?

I am thinking of getting a Pressure suit (already have arm pads) but I think the spine plate on the core suit looks like it will offer more protection and work better with a neck brace if I get one.

I am only going to be using it occasionally while riding at Innerleithen DH tracks as I love them but I can't ride them very well so don't go too often
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    the spine bit is thick, articulated plastic panels over thick foam padding, ive gon over the bars onto my back and honestly didnt feel it. Obviuos.y i felt it but you know what i mean :-) its quite large so covers the back or your ribs too

also, its designed to be compatible with a neck brace

hth
  • peter413
    Thanks, think I will save a bit of money and get the Pressure suit since I don't like my arm pads for DH
  • fredy
    fredy Posts: 308
    you'd be invincible with one of them! i want!
    topo Posts: 3,104
    I used to have the brand x suit a while ago. It did its job but i bought a 661 pressure suit a year or so ago and its much better, superioir fit and better ventilation.
    But regardless which one you buy, it wont make you "invincible" as said above. They are good for preventing cuts and gravel rash etc but you can still break bones, dislocated shoulders etc wearing them.