Cannondales in London?

Skippy2309
Skippy2309 Posts: 426
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
So where can you get Cannondales in London (or possibly just outside)?

Managed to get a cyclescheme voucher, but I can only use certain bike shops, Evans is not one of these.

I have tomorrow off so I am going to go hunting and see if I can put down a large deposit on a CAAD9.4 :twisted: so Anywhere within 20miles of Ealing will be perfect :D

the cycle scheme search only brings up some places which when checked dont stock the cannondales :roll:
FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)

Comments

• Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    On Your Bike at London Bridge/Tooley Street
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    http://www.mtbbicycle.co.uk/

Bicycle in Richmond is your man - good bunch of guys.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Skippy2309
    I have got both of them set in a route thats now a 29mile round trip :shock:

should be a nice way to spend my day off :D pretty flat route as well :twisted:

only other place that comes up is Cyclopedia in Fulham although I doubt that is right but still going to go there.

Cheers guys :D

• http://www.bikeandrun.co.uk/

This one will add a little hill into your loop :twisted:

They were helpful when I went to try out a CAAD9
  • Skippy2309
    that takes it to 43.3 miles :shock: i think that one will be for another day :lol::lol:

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    I highly highly highly recommend bike and run.
  • Skippy2309
    both routes I look at take it to 40miles and thats a bit of a stretch...

will do it another day with a trip fudgescycles as its pretty much on the way there.

I have just seen a picture of a red CAAD9.4 and I want it :twisted: the paint work just looks perfect 8)

• Skippy2309
    managed this today, Bicycle has the Ultegra CAAD9....

I dont know what to do, I am tempted to go for the Ultegra but I want the SRAM Force/Rival mix..... dont know what to do, will have to wait a while for the 9.4 but the Ultegra in team colours is there...

So do I buy the utegra then swap it over in time for SRAM or wait till the 9.4 comes out (which I think may be cheaper)??????

• spasypaddy
    i hate sram so i say buy the ultegra and never swap it out
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Ultegra's a good groupset - why the SRAM love? I'm sure they're great as well but it's not like Ultegra is inferior.

But, if you'll only really be happy with the SRAM mix, then don't compromise :)
  • Greg T
    Skippy2309 wrote:
    managed this today, Bicycle has the Ultegra CAAD9....

I just bought one of them too.....

I'm loving mine...

very smooth across the central London rubble - you'd think it was all carbon and not just the forks - looks great in Liquigas colours too.... yes I am a tart....

• jonnyboy77
    jonnyboy77 Posts: 547
    Greg T wrote:
    http://www.mtbbicycle.co.uk/

Bicycle in Richmond is your man - good bunch of guys.

+1 for Bicycle
    Commuting between Twickenham <---> Barbican on my trusty Ridgeback Hybrid - url=http://strava.com/athletes/125938/badge]strava[/url
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    T, am I to understand the paddywagon has been retired from active service? Are you guilty of Ming TFD?
  • Greg T
    T, am I to understand the paddywagon has been retired from active service? Are you guilty of Ming TFD?

Ah!

I decided that for summer I needed gears....

My top end speed was being compromised and I need to deploy the big hammer to the summer flock of fair weather migrant Roadies...

So wet and foul weather = Paddy Wagon (Mud guards and fixed so it doens't need cleaning / maint)

Sparkling CAAD9 for summer days when I need the big stick.

I'm swing both ways cy-curious

• Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Oooh, CAAD 9 - seriously thinking about this as my next bike. I was looking at the 105 for about £1,200, now you've got me thinking.

OK - how do you think the 105 would compare to something like a Planet X Superlight Carbon, or the CAAD 9 Ultegra to a Synapse 105? I'm more interested in comfort than outright speed.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg T wrote:

Ah!

I decided that for summer I needed gears....

My top end speed was being compromised and I need to deploy the big hammer to the summer flock of fair weather migrant Roadies...

So wet and foul weather = Paddy Wagon (Mud guards and fixed so it doens't need cleaning / maint)

Sparkling CAAD9 for summer days when I need the big stick.

I'm swing both ways cy-curious

A 'yes' would have sufficed. ;)
  • spasypaddy
    Canny Jock wrote:
    Oooh, CAAD 9 - seriously thinking about this as my next bike. I was looking at the 105 for about £1,200, now you've got me thinking.

OK - how do you think the 105 would compare to something like a Planet X Superlight Carbon, or the CAAD 9 Ultegra to a Synapse 105? I'm more interested in comfort than outright speed.
    i have a PX, and ive been fortunate enough to ride the CAAD9 enough to be able to answer this. If i was buying again i dont know where id spend my money.

High end alu = low end carbon (near enough).

I think it boils down to these points:
    do you want to be a carbon whore?
    would you be proud to own a cannondale?
    Do you want the minimal increase in performance ultegra gives? (and when i say minimal i mean, not noticeable)
    Do you want to custom build your bike like PX allow (chainset, cranks, stem, bars)?

I owned a CAAD5 and got a PX for a summer bike, i then sold the CAAD5 (i regret this ALOT) to get a fixie. I now lust after a CAAD9.

I would have to flip a coin to decide and even then it would go best of 3, then best of 5, then best of 7 and so on.

Id probably end up with the................ CAAD9

or the PX