Evans 'Ride it' Dorking

diddyfunk
diddyfunk Posts: 252
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Hi Guys

I took part in the Evans 'Ride It' event over in Dorking at the weekend.

Was anyone else there, if so, what did you think?

I thought it was brilliant. Well signposted and some really nice technical bits.

Big Ar5e hills though!
2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Evo
08 Scott Scale 60 - http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy25 ... CF2299.jpg

Comments

• JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    You should have tried it back in December! Constantly walking through thick gloopy mud at a few points! Well organised and signposted though!
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    You also could join some group rides during most weekends, and ride most well known and some secret trails too. MTB Rides
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • surreyxc
    surreyxc Posts: 293
    It was great weather, but what I used to love about the Surrey Hills was having a bit of space and few riding buddies, using our own initiative to explore.

It is just too busy now, hopefully it will not lead to antagonism with other groups, then worst possible thing could happen, rules, bike passes, speed limits etc yuk.

No one ever used to mind me or a group of half a dozen riders, but now when families are confronted every 5minutes with large groups, some in full body armour using the area like there own personal play park, I wonder where it will go. Explore don't follow. IMO