3x 1 Litre Muc-Off Bike Spray (£3.20 each) @ Halfords

pond skater
pond skater Posts: 18
edited June 2010 in MTB general
These should be £7.99 each, they are currently £4.80 each and are on 3 for 2! So £3.20 each. Now have a garage full..... :wink: :oops: 8)
kona caldera 2010

Comments

• P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Good shout, £4.80 is still an outrageous price for detergent, but can't moan it doesn't work.

Had £50 worth of Halfords vouchers last spring as a leaving pressie and spent most of it on Much-Off stuff, not much else in Halfords I'd let near by bike.

P
  • acac
    acac Posts: 348
    you was a lucky one as it is now buy one get one 1/2 price
    web price still 4.80 buy one get one half price = 7.20 for two still good but i use fenwicks good value good stuff 9.99 for about 10 ltrs = £1 ltr even if you use double the amount £2 ltr .
    play hard ride hard
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    I was going to post this yesterday, but forgot. I too have stocked up on it!.....

So cheap, I might even start having on my cornflakes instead of Milk!
    Craig Rogers
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Cheers - think ill pop by after work as im starting to run out.
  • x-isle
    ....oh, and for this who use GT instead, that's also on 3 for 2 as is most bike maintenance products.
    Craig Rogers
  • £7.99 is just ridiculous imo.

But then if people are daft enough to pay the full price then why shouldn't they charge the earth ans laugh all the way to the bank...

Me... i'll stick to stainless steel cleaner for 59p (2 washes per bottle).

From 'Netto'
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    If you buy Fenwicks FS1 concentrate 1 litre it makes 10 litres of diluted and works out at 70-80p per litre.

So even Muc Off at those discount prices is not a bargain.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • sophsoph
    sophsoph Posts: 24
    These should be £7.99 each, they are currently £4.80 each and are on 3 for 2! So £3.20 each. Now have a garage full..... :wink: :oops: 8)

anyone would think this was Hot UK Deals :lol:
  • x-isle
    robertpb wrote:
    If you buy Fenwicks FS1 concentrate 1 litre it makes 10 litres of diluted and works out at 70-80p per litre.

So even Muc Off at those discount prices is not a bargain.

Thats cleaner though, we are talking about Bike Spray.

However, I bought a bottle of Fenwicks when I ran out of Muc-Off wash because my local had run out of Muc-Off. It might be a bit cheaper, but I have to admit, it's not up to the performance of Muc-Off.
    Craig Rogers
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    fenwicks is cheaper and more effective... and can be used neat as a degreaser.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • x-isle
    Really, that's interesting? I have Fenwicks Degreaser too and I'm not too fussed about that, it comes out like a Mr. Whippy ice cream.

I just find that the FS1 just doesn't seem to do much compared to Muc-Off.
    Craig Rogers
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    [quote="x-isle"
    I just find that the FS1 just doesn't seem to do much compared to Muc-Off.[/quote]

Well Fenwicks cleans and degreases my bike perfectly, so what more can Muc Off do.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • x-isle
    Nothing I guess, if you are happy with it.

Just in my experience, hasn't seemed to work as well. :lol: Maybe it's the difference in water?
    Craig Rogers
  • gonga
    gonga Posts: 225
    x-isle wrote:
    Really, that's interesting? I have Fenwicks Degreaser too and I'm not too fussed about that, it comes out like a Mr. Whippy ice cream.

I just find that the FS1 just doesn't seem to do much compared to Muc-Off.

I found you have to mix quite a bit of fenwicks with water for it to have a similar efect to muc off.
    roughy 200 ml fenwicks/ makes 1 litre of okish bike cleaner.
    mixing it 100ml to make a litre works on fresh mud but forget shifting dried on stuff :D
    still good stuff though!