VUVUZELA BIKE HORN

Ginjafro
Ginjafro Posts: 572
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
I'm thinking about getting a Vuvuzela bike horn to alert myopic peds and drivers when they are about to run into me. It seems Hi-Viz just isn't enough.
Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
Cove Hustler
Planet X Pro-Carbon

Comments

• You know they're about a meter long, right? :lol:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    im gonna get a bar mounted vuvu.. will be awsome for quiet sunday rides in the courty..... :lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I got vuvzela'ed on the way home last night by some kids in a car. Fortunately they were crap at using it.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • artaxerxes
    artaxerxes Posts: 612
    There's an iphone app for that :D
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    You know they're about a meter long, right? :lol:

Well then it can used as a joust! :D
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    Asprilla wrote:
    I got vuvzela'ed on the way home last night by some kids in a car. Fortunately they were crap at using it.

hehe happened to me and the missus on a pootle back from the local icecream parlour on saturday. The lads in the chav mobile were also crap at it, come to think of it I probably thought it was funnier than they did.
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Please don't shout.

I thought the shouting seemed appropriate for the "instrument" in question :twisted:
    Hate the bloody things..............
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    I've got one I was given during a work trip to SA.
    Shame I don't watch football. I might see how I can mount it to the town bike...
    Misguided Idealist
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    You know they're about a meter long, right? :lol:

All the better for being able to reach the mouthpiece to blow the damn thing. =) An Airzound might be easier though.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Could have done with one this morning to clear the road of brain dead zombies crossing on the red man...

Waited patiently at my red light, then make a left at the crossroads - people walking aimlessly across seemed most put out when I rode up to them stating rather loudly "That's the red man, guys..."
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    On behalf of the whole of South Africa, I apologise unreservedly for the vuvuzela.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Funny - two of my colleagues said the same thing only yesterday!!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    The first vuvuzela that shows up at any football match I'm refereeing will be inserted up the arse of it's owner :evil:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men