Kids Mini Downhill Summer Series at Innerleithen

latiric
latiric Posts: 19
edited June 2010 in MTB general
A great way to try downhilling for 10 - 16 year olds,

3 dates - 27th June, 18th july, 22nd August

Great fun, great track, BBQ and coaching by Scottish Cycling

A mini downhill race series for the Under 16s. Riders will push/ride their bikes up to the start. Timing is done manually with stopwatches. Riders have no stated start time, will line up when they get to the top and leave at 30 second intervals. As many runs as they have the energy for ! This is a Go-Race, and a British Cycling licence is not required.

Check out http://www.InnerleithenMTBRacing.com for more details and entry

javascript:emoticon(':D')javascript:emoticon(':)')

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    aw..... why not for adults as well! this would be a hoot
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    yeah, why leave the adults out? Hang on, does mental age, or maturity count?
  • cee
    yeah, why leave the adults out? Hang on, does mental age, or maturity count?

wait! thats a loophole surely....

I reckon I could get away with saying that my mental age is half that of my physical! and im in with the 16 year olds! Just.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm pretty sure if I was racing among a crowd of 16 year olds I'd be the least mature and "grown up" one there :lol:
  • cee
    I'm pretty sure if I was racing among a crowd of 16 year olds I'd be the least mature and "grown up" one there :lol:

ditto.

H.G. Wells.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Time to shave the beard off, maybe a race i'll have a chance of winning! (although i doubt it)
  • cee
    Schmako wrote:
    Time to shave the beard off, maybe a race i'll have a chance of winning! (although i doubt it)

no way...there are some young rippers out there at the moment....

H.G. Wells.