Sportives WIRRAL and clubs

Hi everyone,

Never been on a sportive but just wondering if anybody from Wirral goes knows of any I would be able to join in on or any clubs i could join?

Thank you

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Theres one right on your doorstep JL, 90 miles

http://www.pennine-events.co.uk/EntryPages/LCL2010.aspx

There are more this sideof the water too, i picked up some leaflets from Formby Cycles today so I'll let you know what they are.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • CumbrianMan
    CumbrianMan Posts: 240
    Hi Jamie

There's plenty within a reasonable travelling distance. Best place to look is on Cyclosport.org, where you can filter the results at the top of the page.
    Alternatively, there's Audax.uk.net for audaxes. These are cheaper than sportives, but are not signposted or anything. You get route details and a map to follow, but they are a good way of getting out there (peakaudax.co.uk do some good ones).

And you can always download the orutes from the various websites and go do them with some mates.
    I downloaded the Dave Lloyd last year, and went and recce'd the route before doing the actual sportive (OMG !!)

As for clubs, the obvious ones on the Wirral are:-
    Birkenhead North End CC
    Port Sunlight Wheelers
    New Brighton RC
    Dunno what they are like as never had the balls to join them. :!:
    "There are no hills, there is no wind, I feel no pain !"

"A bad day on the bike is always better than a good day in the office !"
  • ex-pat scot
    ex-pat scot Posts: 939
    Also Mersey Roads Club.
    Commute: Langster -Singlecross - Brompton S2-LX

Road: 95 Trek 5500 -Look 695 Aerolight eTap - Boardman TTe eTap

Offroad: Pace RC200 - Dawes Kickback 2 tandem - Tricross - Boardman CXR9.8 - Ridley x-fire