My Boardman Road Pro

wilko193
wilko193 Posts: 89
edited June 2010 in Your road bikes
So here's my Boardman Road Pro 2010, in a large size with a couple of things swapped out. My new parts list consists of: Michelin Pro 3 Race; Exotic carbon seatpost; Look Keo Sprint pedals and Tioga Spyder twintail saddle.

The link to the picture(s) is below, if someone would be kind enough to tell me how to imbed them, that would be awesome!

4698890107_d60a42378e.jpg

4698886763_6d3c7185a7.jpg

4698885367_4830e4feb0.jpg

And no, i don't cycle for Great Britain, I just think the sticker looks cool :D

Comments much appreciated - I think it looks awesome!!!!!

[No problem - Admin]
Boardman Road Pro 2010
Viper Carbon Lite 2008 Custom Build

Comments

• leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Hard to see the photos mate...you need a white background...looks good though 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • wilko193
    leeroy72 wrote:
    Hard to see the photos mate...you need a white background...looks good though 8)

I did struggle to find a background........ Maybe the fence on the other side of the garden would have been better :?:
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    awsome.
  • wilko193
    Glad you like it :D

Just a shame with it being this clean and nice that I can't bring myself to ride it in the rain! :(
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Never seen one with red trim but it works really well, great job :D
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • mike ives
    mike ives Posts: 319
    Looks good. Have you thought about red bar tape and possibly a red saddle? If you are going to stick with black bar tape what about some red Hudz?
  • thel33ter
    mike ives wrote:
    Looks good. Have you thought about red bar tape and possibly a red saddle? If you are going to stick with black bar tape what about some red Hudz?

Red hudz and maybe a red trimmed saddle would look better IHMO, otherwise it would be a bit overdone.
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • wilko193
    thel33ter wrote:
    mike ives wrote:

Red hudz and maybe a red trimmed saddle would look better IHMO, otherwise it would be a bit overdone.

Definitely going down the red hudz route..... You actually reminded me to order them :D

Red bar tape I did consider..... But i agree with thel33ter, it's a little OTT... However I have seen some bikes (in a cycling magazine i read once and in various catalogoues, websites), that seem to have two colour bar tape? If i could get black and red striped, as in half and half down the tape that would look ace........

Saddle i'm pretty happy with how it is.......

The bottle cage actually fits really well - in all honesty it was from my mtb.... Basically i was putting off buying one and being too fussy and just stashing the bottles in my Jersey, but it was so hot one week i didn't have much choice - and it's stayed!
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • thel33ter
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • wilko193
    thel33ter wrote:

Bingo!!!!!!

50 points to you, thel33ter...........

Pretty sure that would look sweet, agreed?
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • thel33ter
    Definately, as long as you put it on nicely, one of my mates uses zip ties to hold his tape on :roll:
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • wilko193
    thel33ter wrote:
    definitely, as long as you put it on nicely, one of my mates uses zip ties to hold his tape on :roll:

Haha I promise! I taped the bars in that pic after having to get a replacement LH Brake/gear lever after it all went pear shaped....... I know you can't see it too well as it's black - but I think it looks pretty neat...... I have taped a couple of bars before :D
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • wilko193
    Ok so I just ordered the tape, now thinking that the red stripes might (will) look pretty awesome with red hudz......
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Tread very carefully with the Fizik Dual Bartape. Unless it's wrapped perfectly it looks pretty awful. Almost all of the examples i've ever seen look pretty horrendous. Good luck trying to pull it off (in fact you might end up literally pulling it off!).

Seems to be that even if you wrap it very precisely, it always looks shocking around the hoods/shifters.
  • wilko193
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Tread very carefully with the Fizik Dual Bartape. Unless it's wrapped perfectly it looks pretty awful. Almost all of the examples i've ever seen look pretty horrendous. Good luck trying to pull it off (in fact you might end up literally pulling it off!).

Seems to be that even if you wrap it very precisely, it always looks shocking around the hoods/shifters.

Wise words - a quick google search bring up some pretty shocking things.......

Have ordered both the tape and the hudz - will post up images when they're arrived and I've undobtedly spent hours taping it perfectly again and again and again......

PRetty excited though - reckon it'll look ace! Plus i'll try and find a slighlty better background next time :D
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    I'd consider this the best effort i've seen yet:

fizik-microtex-and-cannondale-carbon_01.jpg

Still looks sh1t to me lol. Just look around the hoods. Good luck though...
  • wilko193
    That's a great effort - in the colour i have aswell.....

Around the hoods there's goiung to be some disruption, without having a play myself I can't really think how it's gonna turn out - much like aboce i guess....

Thing is i know red bar tape would look sh!t, and with red hudz black tape would look just weird........ So this seems like the perfect compromise.......

Going to upgrade the handlebars soon anyway, so if it looks sh!t i'll go back to black :)
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • wilko193
    So after ordering the stuff yesterday, it came today! Awesome service :D

OK so here are some images - hope i didnt disappoint :P

Despite the admin being very kind and imbedding the images last time, i still cant work out how to do it myself :?:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9014183@N0 ... otostream/

Feedback much appreciated!
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • thel33ter
    To make the pics appear you need to go to the picture on flickr, click all image sizes, right click on the pic, click on copy link on the right click menu, click the 'img' button on the reply bit here on bikeradar, it makes this appear [img][/img] paste the link from earlier in then click the 'Img' button again. It should look like this

link%20here

It looks really good, and matches the Hudz perfectly :D Good job wrapping it.

4709638014_9c530835a9.jpg

4708994797_29382bdefb.jpg

4709640250_907b1bb2f2.jpg

4709643018_033954af08.jpg
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • wilko193
    ahhhh thanks a lot - i knew to click img and that - just not how to get the url of the image - easy when you know how!

Yeah it does look pretty neat - a little dennis the menace if im honest, but it'll grow on me and is definitely an improvement! i'll get in a full bike shot when the sun's out tomorrow :)
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    what is the claw hammer for? fitting the tape or aligning the brakes? :shock:
  • wilko193
    rake wrote:
    what is the claw hammer for? fitting the tape or aligning the brakes? :shock:

Well spotted! Couldn't find my tire levers :roll:

No honestly I used it to tap the end cap in GENTLY haha.

I can tape bars fine but getting the end caps in is always a pain in the oarsss

Plus this fizik dual tape has stitching down it too, which doesn't like bending in a way that let's you but the cap in. So a bit of gentle persuasion and they are now nice and snug :)
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    A custom yellow/red Fizik would look devilish. :twisted: Oh... maybe not. Just went on the Fizik site to see it, and it looks very McDonald's.

IMO, the Fizik end caps are rather tight.