Bert vs Sly

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2010 in Pro race
Ahhh, that explains Berts lack of tactical awareness on Saturday

http://theinnerring.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... tador.html
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    What's also interesting is that Contador himself seems to be approaching some riders for next year. This suggests Contador has a backer and a new team, if it was Astana then the team staff would be talking to potential recruits, no?
  • andylav
    andylav Posts: 308
    It was also interesting seeing Contador having a lengthy chat with the 2 AG2R riders that were drilling on the front of the group with about 1 lap to go on yesterday's final stage.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I like Szymd and think he is an excellent rider but think he is a little off here.

Does he really think that Contador would gift him a stage win on the Alpe?! Why on earth should he do that.

Furthermore, he was already gifted the Ventoux stage last year by Valverde. If he hasn't got the legs to beat them fair and square then he shouldn't moan about it afterwards..
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Does he really think that Contador would gift him a stage win on the Alpe?! Why on earth should he do that.

If Bert had got away by following Sly, I expect they would've shared the work and Bert would've gifted him the stage.

But it didn't work out like that.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I could understand that if he gained the GC overall, but if not then no way. It doesn't benefit Contador at all - he only wanted the win.

Winning on Alpe d’Huez is a dream come true
    I attacked thinking about winning the stage, not the general, besides there was a block headwind and Brajkovic was also strong
    I wanted to win here, and last night I was watching videos online about how Pantani, Lance and other riders won to get familiar with the mountain. I went to bed with wanting to win on Alpe d’Huez and this will be a stage I’ll always remember
    Contador is the Greatest