My mountain stable

synchronicity
synchronicity Posts: 1,415
edited June 2010 in Your mountain bikes
This is my pride and joy here in Tenerife. Sadly I don't get to ride it every weekend due to work commitments. The photo is current as it stands today!

p4pb4925077.jpg

This is my main steed for normal 'all mountain' offroad:

pbpic2591387.jpg

It has received loads of upgrades since the photo was taken.
Namely, the base-model pro lite wheelset with aero spokes, longer-travel ario shock, marzocchi 44RLO fork currently undergoing the 140mm conversion, time Z pedals, vertebrae ceramic cable housing, selle italia SLR XC saddle, thomson post, syncros bars, shimano saint brakes, with avid G3 8" rotors, Deore RD, SLX shifter pods. Only really the headset, main frame, BB, cranks & swingarm remain the same. :oops:

This is becoming more like a commuter bike really:

pbpic4021660.jpg

This too has received a few upgrades. Mainly to SLX disc brakes & speedplay X5 pedals. The rest stays "as is".

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    weird but nice bikes. saltyman also has lots of weird bikes too
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Hey, there's some seat post missing on one of your bikes. :shock:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    That commuter bike could do with bigger discs, you must be seriously underbraked on the road...
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    Yeah, whatever you say njee20. And others have said the same. But you may have noticed that I'm not living in the UK. I'm living on a volcano.

I can warp that front 9" disc in under 5 minutes here in Tenerife. One day I will post a video of that happening. :twisted: It comes out at the bottom of a 550m descent, literally bending like a dinnerplate & then it promptly re-straightens itself. I can look down and witness it all happening! :shock: It warps so much I have seen wear marks on the fork legs. :wink: So I don't trust smaller discs to cope with the heat.