Would you stop if you see someone down?

2»

Comments

• handon94
    handon94 Posts: 137
    i had an incident today, i was dreaming about eating a sandwich when i should have been watching the jump ahead, i went straight over the bars cutting all my arm open, and couldn't thank the guys around me enough for all stopping and making sure i was fine thanks guys :)
    diamondback LS02
    giant talon 2 -http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab236/handon_2010/?action=view&current=Photo0069.jpg&newest=1

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    jay12 wrote:

@Jay12: you are going to hell for your comment...
    why? :?

He can't read :wink:

I would normally stop but in this case I probably wouldn't have due to the fact that the OP was being 'helped' by bikers.
  • At the very least I slow down and ask if they're ok, but will usually stop (tbh, I'm often glad of the chance to catch my breath...)
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    Yep always ask if someone is ok and if they say ok, I ride on and if they arent I stop.

Even helped carry a young lad out on a stretcher from our local trails with a broken and dislocated elbow and a broken wrist.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    handon94 wrote:
    i had an incident today, i was dreaming about eating a sandwich when i should have been watching the jump ahead, i went straight over the bars cutting all my arm open, and couldn't thank the guys around me enough for all stopping and making sure i was fine thanks guys :)

What was in the sandwich?
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    In France, if you're first on the scene and don't stop, it's a very serious crime and may attract a prison sentence, not sure if there is a similar law in the UK ?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is that why there's fewer "scene kids" in France?
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    I always stop, on the bike or off if I see someone that might be in trouble or whatever, if they arent, I always say hello (bike only for that though, dont know why :? )
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • magicrhodes
    magicrhodes Posts: 123
    I always stop and hope that someone will for me...
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    I actually stopped to help someone who'd snapped a chain during the IOM End2End last year. We were only about 2miles in (leaving about 33 to go) and I felt sorry for them going out at such an early stage.

Figured it'd only take 5mins. Little did I know, they had no tools at all (which seemed a bit silly) and one of the worst maintained drivetrains I've ever seen. Looked like the chain had been lubed with lard.

Ended up costing me 40mins, putting me in dead last coming through the 1st checkpoint.

I have since decided that I'll only stop if someone looks hurt (or if it's not a race).
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Yeah stoppiing is the way forward. It's the least you can do.

As a side issue CWNT remember that broken chain at Llandegla? That kid was so happy after it was fixed for him.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • cat_with_no_tail
    yeh, that was one of the funniest MTB moments I've ever had

Kid: Yeh, for hire bikes these are pretty goo...*snap*
    Us: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the fact it was a SCORCHING hot day and not one of them had come out with any form of fluids :roll:. And Pastey telling him he'd have to go milk a badger.

Good times!

Lee Quarry next for me I reckon (Ben agrees with this too). Not going to be for a while though. Got BikeRadar Live first, then holiday in Sept, then the boats change to winter service. :roll:

When you jetting off to France?
  • I wouldn't stop because I'm a mountain bike rider.

I'd stop because I'm a nice human being.

Well said that man.
    Earn Cashback @ Wiggle, CRC, Evans, AW Cycles, Alpine Bikes, ProBikeKit, Cycles UK :

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stewartmead
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    always, whether a crash even down to a minor punture

+1 except for yesterday as I forgot my tools :oops: (including pump, spare inner, chaintool and multi-tool)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    It depends. If it's a woman then I'll stop no matter what. I have assisted some very hot babes over the years :D
  • cat_with_no_tail
    .blitz wrote:
    It depends. If it's a woman then I'll stop no matter what. I have assisted some very hot babes over the years :D

Blitzs tool kit:

chloroform20bottle.jpg
    886h1618.png
    shovel-ready.jpg
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    :lol: