Headset for Specialized Sirrus

mattdh
mattdh Posts: 6
edited June 2010 in The workshop
Hi,

I have a 2004 Sirrus which I have rebuilt for use as a commuter. I need to replace the headset but am not sure which one to buy. I know that it was originally supplied with an 'Intelliset' 1 1/8" but the Specialized site doesn't give further details. On one of the spacers it days it's an Aheadset. On the Wiggle site, the Cane Creek range looks like it should have one that fits but they quote I/S dia and O/D dia and say that the I/S corresponds to the headtube. Is this the internal or external diameter? The outside of the headtube looks to be slightly tapered at the top and bottom and measures about 41 mm at the extremes. The bearing cups can be seen both ends too so it is not integrated. If anyone has replaced a headset on a Sirrus could you let me know which one you fitted? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• mattdh
    mattdh Posts: 6
    All sorted. Went to Cane Creek website and found technical documents for each of their headsets with all of the dimensions on. They also have a headset selection tool which allows you to enter make / model of bike etc.