Owners opinion of the 2010 Specialized FSR XC Comp please

svwotter1
svwotter1 Posts: 11
edited June 2010 in MTB general
I am only days away from ordering a 2010 Specialized FSR XC Comp and wanted to know peoples opinion of them, from there experience please.

Comments

• turns3eh
    turns3eh Posts: 31
    Ive had one since december the rear shock can be a pig but apart from that its a great bike keeps me smiling
    To Infinity and Beyond
  • svwotter1
    svwotter1 Posts: 11
    Thanks for the feedback Turns.

If anyone else has one, I'd be really interested in your view to the rear shock.

I've test rode one and the only query I had was about the bouncy rear shock. It wasn't setup for my weight, so I'm not sure if that will make a huge difference or not (I'm not a heffer, I only weigh 12.5 stone)

Apart from the rear shock, is the rest of the bike nice?

I think the bike looks amazing, and for just over £1k, from what I've seen it's the best for it's price.........??????
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if it wasnt set up for your weight id resevre judgement unti l you have tried one that is.

the behaviour of the shock is such an enormous part of how good the bike is that i would not settle for it if it doesnt suit, the price might be tempting but you will be better off with a bike you love as opposed to one you like for the price.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Spec like this just won a Mountain Bike Action USA bike "shoot out."

Think it was Julys edition, which is out now, but may be online too.

I had the original Spec FSR in the 90's, one of the first in the UK, special order.

More recently had the FSR S Works Stumpjumper, 2005. VERY NICE!