so where's people riding this weekend..

davic
davic Posts: 12
edited June 2010 in MTB rides
I are mainly be staying near home - just found an unused open cast mine with loads and loads of really dangerous looking shit to eff about on - shall have to pretend to me wife i'm off somewhere safe.

Comments

• sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I am off to Gisburn forest on Sunday to be liberally tortured by Ed Oxley of great Rock and Singletrack fame, I am soooooooooo going to die :lol:
    Caz xx
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    doing a charity ride tomorrow and sunday is a club run im hoping the weather is NICE!!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • I am off to Gisburn forest on Sunday to be liberally tortured by Ed Oxley of great Rock and Singletrack fame, I am soooooooooo going to die :lol:
    Caz xx

Lucky git!!

i'll be at Gisburn on Saturday with m dad on the blue :)
    maybe do the red/black on sunday too!
  • w86h2000
    w86h2000 Posts: 18
    Hamsterley Forest on Sunday :D
    Orange G3 2011
    Boardman Hybrid Team 2009
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nowhere far. Car is in the garage, so just some local bits and bobs unless I can cadge a lift somewhere.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Somewhere in Derbyshire tomorrow. The weather forecast was looking good, until today. :cry:
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    not anywhere :(

Working this morning, followed by beer festival later (so not all bad)!
    Tomorrow at a tennis party/BBQ
  • Happy Harry
    Happy Harry Posts: 345
    Working a late shift today and don't get home till 0030. Then an 0400 alarm on Monday which means an early night tomorrow, making Sunday a short day.

But if I can get out of bed - I'm planning to ride my favourite 15 mile trail in the Wylye valley near Salisbury, get home and cook a roast dinner for the memsahib and superbrat, settle down for an hour or so in front of the telly and then be tucked up in bed by 9 :roll:
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    Leith hill tomorrow hopefully...
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • bones3027
    bones3027 Posts: 152
    Up at six long ass drive to afan then can't decide w2 or skyline, long ass drive home to the wife and kids and burritos!
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Did a loop off road around Aviemore, Nethy Bridge and Ryvoan Pass. So cold I wished I'd put my longs on!
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Fecking race at gisburn today :evil:

Still rode the blue though, was good fun with me Dad!

I watched him sort of give up on the boardwalk though... he just slowly leaned over and fell into a fir tree... was funny as feck :D

Unfortunately I'd forgotten to press play on the video camera :(
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    Marin tomorrow. 9.30 at the carpark for 10 am start! Trying SPD's for the first time! :roll:
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Fecking race at gisburn today :evil:

I watched him sort of give up on the boardwalk though... he just slowly leaned over and fell into a fir tree... was funny as feck :D

I gave up on the blue boardwalk when I went a few weeks ago, might have something to do with the fact that I had to stop to drag a lass and her bike out of the stream lol....it kinda put me off after.
    Caz xx
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Fecking race at gisburn today :evil:

I gave up on the blue boardwalk when I went a few weeks ago, might have something to do with the fact that I had to stop to drag a lass and her bike out of the stream lol....it kinda put me off after.
    Caz xx
    yea i've also ballsed up a boardwalk... binned it on one of those slippy ones at grizedale and fractured my wrist about a year ago :(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Marin tomorrow. 9.30 at the carpark for 10 am start! Trying SPD's for the first time! :roll:
    Betws y Coed? I still have a lvoe/hate affair with that trail. Seems like most of it is climbing, for very little reward.
    I'm going to be in bed till gone noon though. Just got home from a night out, and am pretty hammered on Pear Cider - the elixir of the gods.
    I can see a monster hangover in the morning.
  • Happy Harry
    Had a lovely ride over the West Wiltshire Downs. Too many horses on my planned route so I used the OS map and compass to try some new trails. Are horses allowed on bridleways? :roll:

This photo sums up my day:
    byways800.jpg
    Or click here for a bigger version:
    http://www.speedbird747.com/pics/byways.jpg

HH 8)
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    Had a lovely ride over the West Wiltshire Downs. Too many horses on my planned route so I used the OS map and compass to try some new trails. Are horses allowed on bridleways? :roll:

This photo sums up my day:
    byways800.jpg
    Or click here for a bigger version:
    http://www.speedbird747.com/pics/byways.jpg

HH 8)
    It's all in the name "BRIDLE", the thing that goes round the horses mouth to steer it, what do you reckon??? :?
  • Happy Harry
    RallyBiker wrote:
    It's all in the name "BRIDLE", the thing that goes round the horses mouth to steer it, what do you reckon??? :?
    Is there a word for irony in Welsh, RB? vahidrk.gif

HH :wink:
    Canyon XC 8.0 '11
    Whyte 19 steel '10