My 2010 Cove Stiffee

mackie1
mackie1 Posts: 95
edited June 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Got it a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. Feels much more chuckable than my old Trek 6300 and it just laps up anything that points downwards. It's a bit harder to climb with but I expected that. It got it from Merlin and it's their standard build but with SLX instead of Deore, upgraded wheels and fork.

I may change the bars for some Easton high risers and I've got a Stans tubeless kit to fit when I'm in the mood (already tried once and it's a bitch).

Excuse the inquisitive cows. One of them tried to eat one of my grips at one point!

a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg
e.jpg
f.jpg
g.jpg
h.jpg

Frame: 2010 Cove Stiffee 19.5" in anodised grey (but it's more like lilac)
Forks: 2010 Rockshox Revelation Team, 150mm, Air U-Turn, 20mm Maxle
Bars: Raceface Evolve
Stem: Raceface Evolve
Headset: FSA Orbit XL II
Grips: Superstar lockon grips

Front Brake Lever assy: SLX
Front Caliper: SLX
Front disc: XT 180mm
Rear Brake Lever assy: SLX
Rear Caliper: SLX
Rear Disc: XT 180mm
Hoses: SLX

Shifters: SLX
Cables: SLX
Front Mech: SLX bottom swing
Rear Mech: SLX med cage

Seat: WTB Rocket V
Seat Post: Raceface Evolve

Cranks: SLX
Chainring(s): SLX double + bash
Chain: SRAM
Cassette: Shimano HG80
Pedals: Wellgo MG1
Bottom Bracket: SLX

Front Wheel:
Rim: Mavic EX721
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition stainless
Hub: Hope Pro II (20mm)
Tyre: Maxxis High Roller 2.35

Back Wheel:
Rim: Mavic EX721
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition stainless
Hub: Hope Pro II
Tyre: Maxxis High Roller 2.35

Weight: 27lb (est)

Comments

• mackie1
    I'm not feeling the Stiffee love :(
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Why?

Need more details. I've ALWAYS fancied a stiffee ( :roll: damn you and your bike names cove).
  • mackie1
    As in I've not had any comments. I love the bike!

Is it wrong that the name did play a fairly big part in the purchasing process? ;P

It was a toss up (parson the pun) between the stiffee and the handjob but I fell in love with the anodised finish of the stiffee. Should be a better allrounder too. It will get a proper christening at Afan in a few weeks.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Ohhhhhh, now I see.

Yeh, 'tis a nice bike. I do like those frames. Not 100% on the colour, but then again, with a brown frame, I can hardly pass judgement.
  • jf22901
    jf22901 Posts: 155
    I like it - even the colour of the grips! (Not sure about the bright blue valve caps though). :D The purpley/grey colour of the frame reminds me of the slate from up here in the Lake District. Just thought I'd let you know that!
  • mackie1
    The colour was a compromise due to the last violet one they had being faulty. It was a bit of a surprise when I opened the box as pictures of the grey frame I'd seen looked nothing like that!

The valve caps will change once I've installed the Stan's kit :)