Places to eat & drink on river side near Clapham

jairaj
jairaj Posts: 3,009
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi Guys, I know there are a lot of you who live and commute in London so thought this a worth a go.

Any one know of any nice places to have casual lunch and a few drinks on the River side near Clapham / Battersea? Whats the river side like near Battersea etc for general walking about and passing time? or do I have to go a bit further west closer to Kingston etc for that?

thanks, Jai

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    The Ship in Battersea/Wandsworth is good when the sun's out, a bit over priced and gets very busy though as it is right on the river and has plenty of outside space.
  • jairaj
    cool thanks I'll check it out.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    The Youngs pub on the SE side of Wandsworth Bridge is OK, if a little soulless (it's at the bottom of the apartment building). If the Ship's full, it's not a bad fallback.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    The Lighthouse on Battersea Park Drive and The Albert just near Albert bridge both have a nice atmosphere and good food.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    A walk up by St Mary's church is quite nice and the slipway is quite interesting, ride my bike along the river there for a breather sometimes in the morning:

4627134387_4de53675b6.jpg

http://bit.ly/9gFi9x
  • jairaj
    cool thanks all for your suggestions. I shall try to give them a go.