Close to the action in Rotterdam

Danger13
Danger13 Posts: 2
edited June 2010 in Pro race
Dear all,

I am looking for some advice from you all. Just confirmed my tickets to go to Rotterdam for the start of the Tour and was wondering if anybody might have some tips on how to get the most out of the prologue and stage 1 start. Where should I go and hang out to get close to the teams, where is a good place to watch proceedings etc?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Danger13 wrote:
    Dear all,

I am looking for some advice from you all. Just confirmed my tickets to go to Rotterdam for the start of the Tour and was wondering if anybody might have some tips on how to get the most out of the prologue and stage 1 start. Where should I go and hang out to get close to the teams, where is a good place to watch proceedings etc?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

I'll be there in Rotterdam too.

The actual course is not very near the centre, so it'll be a bit of a walk. It's near the regenerated dockworks.

Because it's the Tour, you won't be able to get close to the teams and riders, since they'll all be enclosed in the Tour 'village', for which you need a special ticket to get in.

I tend to like picking the inside or corners, so you can see them sit up and take the corner, and you get a lil more viewing angles of the riders.

Other than than, not much to offer. Go early because the riders check out course plenty of times, without all their helemts on!