Bruyneel Knows Nothing

ratsbeyfus
ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
edited June 2010 in Pro race

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

Comments

• donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Yeah but there's DNA on those items. Should be easy to tie it to people. Innocent until proven guilty.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    But there is no 'innocence', possession and use of such paraphenalia is illegal in France unless being used for a medial emergency...or are you telling us that the intravenous administration of fluids for 7 or 8 members of a cycling team is perfectly legitimate? I did predict that this case would be revisited just before LeTour.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Bruyneel is as clueless as Lim when it comes to knowing what those closest to him are doing - one wonders how they can run such a successful team when they apparently don't have a clue what's going on - that's crazeee, right?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    micron wrote:
    Bruyneel is as clueless as Lim when it comes to knowing what those closest to him are doing - one wonders how they can run such a successful team when they apparently don't have a clue what's going on - that's crazeee, right?

doesn't it look a heck of lot more serious for Caisse? One would guess they couldn't find anything as dodgy on Astana. I really hope not as Contador is essential to a good tour...
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    If Contador is a doper then he's essential to nobody.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I really hope not as Contador is essential to a good tour...

But if he's guilty of something we want him out just like anyone else surely? I hope he's not guilty. It maybe just a question of wording but you seem to be hoping he doesn't get caught.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    donrhummy wrote:
    Yeah but there's DNA on those items. Should be easy to tie it to people. Innocent until proven guilty.

Yeah, only takes about 4 years to get through a ban when you have a DNA link
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    dulldave wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

But if he's guilty of something we want him out just like anyone else surely? I hope he's not guilty. It maybe just a question of wording but you seem to be hoping he doesn't get caught.

what if the equipment wasn't for him but ASO ban all the Astana riders and shack riders from last year...you still smarting from the debate on the Floyd thread last night?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    ASO don't want to ban anyone anymore, unless it becomes commercially damaging to have their presence in the race.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Dave_1 wrote:
    dulldave wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

what if the equipment wasn't for him but ASO ban all the Astana riders and shack riders from last year...you still smarting from the debate on the Floyd thread last night?

Last night I was out on my bike mate. Then I watched the Dauphine and then I went to bed. Was there a debate? I best go look for it.

Let me reword your response so it's a bit less defensive "Yes Dulldave, it was a question of wording, you misunderstood what I was saying."

Edit - just had a look at this debate you're talking about. Couldn't be arsed reading it because it was so long and looked like the same old recycled tat. Seemed to me like you and Bernie having your usual love-in. Can't see why I'd be smarting about it.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    9 team members and 8 DNA matches. 8 riders left Astana for Radioshack. You, as they say, do the math(s - I am British after all!)
  • Dgh
    Dgh Posts: 180
    Would it be better to say that one hopes Cotador is clean, rather than that one hopes he's not caught? He's a a great, attacking rider, who makes the race a good spectacle. But then Lance did too, and there's plenty of suspicion about him.

I hope all those about whom people are suspicious do show up at the TdF, as it seems that in France there is mroe chance of catching them than elsewhere.

Seems like some will have a problem, though, as, like someone said, there's no such thing as innocent possession when possession itself is illegal.