biking in shropshire !

spicey
spicey Posts: 7
edited June 2010 in MTB rides
female New to biking and looking for someone to go riding with or help with places preferably around shrewsbury area to go. Is anyone interested or can anyone help :wink:

Comments

• -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    Hi. I'm in shrewsbury. Just got back for haughmond hill as it happens. You're welcome to tag along or me trying to keep up with you as may be the case ;)
  • spicey
    -Liam- wrote:
    Hi. I'm in shrewsbury. Just got back for haughmond hill as it happens. You're welcome to tag along or me trying to keep up with you as may be the case ;)

Hey thankyou that would be great !
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    You actually in Town?

When you mostly free ?
  • spicey
    -Liam- wrote:
    You actually in Town?

When you mostly free ?

I am not far from church stretton. usually can do most week evenings or a sunday
  • puddle-rider
    puddle-rider Posts: 295
    You could do worse than join the 'slow rides group' outing to the Long Mynd on Sunday 27th June!
    Especially as i'm leading it :lol:
  • spicey
    You could do worse than join the 'slow rides group' outing to the Long Mynd on Sunday 27th June!
    Especially as i'm leading it :lol:

Oh thanks i may be able to make it. how do i get details of this outing ?
  • puddle-rider
    You can go on the face book page, slow rides for infit people, or else just turn up at the co-op car park in Church Stretton at 9.30 am for a 10.00am start on Sunday 27th June.

Use the larger car park opposite the co-op with the public toilets in the corner.

Car parking is £4.00 all day but worth it as the car park is quite busy and therefore pretty safe.

We are a mixed bunch and we always wait for people to catch up.
  • spicey
    thankyou for that i will take a look.
  • missgroover
    missgroover Posts: 263
    I live in Brum but often ride the Mynd - was there yesterday actually. Would be keen to meet others that know other rides over there as we stick to the one we know! But the Mynd is fab and never disappoints :)
  • spicey
    I live in Brum but often ride the Mynd - was there yesterday actually. Would be keen to meet others that know other rides over there as we stick to the one we know! But the Mynd is fab and never disappoints :)

Hey thankyou if you send me an e-mail maybe next time you are on long mynd could meet up
  • puddle-rider
    missgroover,
    which route do you stick to? I know the Mynd well and can give you a few pointers if you want them.
    Why don't you join us on the 27th June, we have a great route planned including that ever important stop at the pub for lunch.
    We are a mixed ability bunch so no need to worry about being left behind or being out classed.
  • missgroover
    missgroover Posts: 263
    Thanks but am already booked that weekend - in the Peaks. I ride with my OH up there, he knows the Mynd well anyway but I am aware there is other riding to be had in that neck of the woods which I've not done.
    re the Mynd we usually start at the co-op in Church Stretton, head right at the mini roundabout and make one of 2 ways up, across the top towards the gliding club and down either Minton Batch (which if the driest I have ever seen it at the moment!) or Minton (very steep grassy hill to the back of a farm), and then climb back up the fire road to the gliding club and back down to the campsite. Sometimes do a third climb if the legs can take it!
    I'm pretty fit and technically competent, used to riding with guys and having to try and keep up :shock:
  • puddle-rider
    That's pretty much the route we are going to take, doing Minton Batch and the descent down from Pole Cottage into the campsite in the morning, then going over to Hope Bowdler after lunch and if there is any juice left in the legs go up to All Stretton to come down The Batch or the Pony Ring.

Enjoy your day in the Peak District :)