2009 Giant Defy 2.5

Dickie.F.M
Dickie.F.M Posts: 27
edited June 2010 in Your road bikes
31732_1486462407687_1417731395_1258.jpg

Very first road bike. Took this snap after cleaning it all ready for the Northern Rock Cylone. Very Excited. Any comments would be good.

Frame AluxX SL Aluminium, Fluid Formed, Compact Road Design (Size L 55.5cm)
Forks: Advanced Composite Overdrive, 11/4" - 11/8"
Bars: Giant Anatomic O.S
Stem: FSA OS - 150 White Edition Stem
Headset: Cane Creek
Bar Tape: Prologo (Black)
Brakes: Shimano 105
Shifters: Shimano 105 (Gloss Black)
Cables: Jagwire
Front Mech: Shimano 105
Rear Mech: Shimano Tiagra (Long Cage)
Seat: Fi'zi:k Arione White K:lum Rails
Seat Post: Giant Composite 30.9mm
Cranks:Shimano 105 Triple 30.39.50
Pedals: Look Keo Easy
Bottom Bracket: Hope Ceramic (Gunsmoke Grey)
Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 7 (inc. Red Annodised Hubs)
Tyres: Michelin Pro 3 Race (In Red)

Accessories Cateye Strada Wireless (Colour White)

Cheers Dickie

Comments

• Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    I like that, nice upgrades on it. I see you have 105 shifters and tiagra mix. Isn't Tiagra 9 speed and 105 10 speed?

I have a defy 2 and will be looking to fettle it as bits wear out hence the reason for asking.

Did you find the wheel change made a difference (that is if you did the upgrades).

Cheers
  • Dickie.F.M
    Dickie.F.M Posts: 27
    It's a very good question, i believed that aswell. Was searching for 9 speed shifters, and these came up. Was confused sent a e-mail to the supplier, he confirmed they are 9 speed i beleive they are 2008 maybe 2009 model year.

I did all the upgrades myself. 3 sets of wheels, 3 sets of tyres, 2 stems, 3 saddles. It was all trial and error (Loved learning about the parts though)

When buying the bike i knew that i was going upgrade, as i enjoy spending as seeing something develop into what i want.

The wheels made a huge difference , love the fulcrums they have 2-1 spoke lacing on the back wheel for strength. Great nice and strong.

Any other questions, more than happy to help.

Cheers Dickie