My Bikes

toby_winkler
toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
edited June 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Thought I would start a new thread, seen as I now have an extra bike and wanted to do a full spec list of my other bike. Enjoy. (I apologise for the overgrown garden, we don't have much time to look after it!)

Orange Prestige '08:

When I first got the bike, it looked like this:

DSCF4979.jpg

Now this is what it looks like now:

DSCF5054.jpg

DSCF5055.jpg

DSCF5053.jpg

RED= Parts upgraded by me.
BLUE= Parts upgraded by first owner from stock bike.

Frame: Orange Prestige (double butted cromo-steel)
Forks: 2010 Rockshox SID Race 100mm
Bars: FSA k-force Carbon flats
Stem: Kore Race 6061 90mm 6 degree rise
Headset: Hope Headset
Grips: Lizard Skin Charger Lock On
Brakes: Avid Juicy 3's (160mm front and back)

Shifters: Shimano Deore R Fire +
Front Mech: Shimano Deore
Rear Mech: Shimano LX

Seat: Charge Spoon
Seat Post: Orange Stick Up

Chainset: Truvativ Firex 3.1 GXP
Cassette: SRAM PG950
Pedals: 24seven

Hubs (front and back): Shimano Deore 475 Disc
Rims (front and back): WTB SpeedDisc AM
Spokes: DT Swiss Competition S/S Black
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.1

Weight: 26-27lbs (need to weigh it properly soon!)

And the new addition to the stable, 24seven Slacker SS. Needed a bike to mess around on now and again, got this of pinkbike for the absolute bargain price of £170!

DSCF5056.jpg

DSCF5057.jpg

DSCF5059.jpg

Don't have a full spec list for it at the moment, however since new I know headset, front wheel, forks, pedals and seat have been upgraded from standard.

And one more pics of the bikes together, just because I wanted to see what they look like next to each other.

DSCF5063.jpg

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    both very nice and both have the same colour schemes :wink:

my mate has a 24/7 slcaker. he has marzocchi dj forks though. very nice bikes though, especially at £170 :shock:
  • toby_winkler
    jay12 wrote:
    both very nice and both have the same colour schemes :wink:

Yeah, shame the forks on the 24seven aren't white, and the all the decals on the frame where orange, then they would truly be matching ;)
  • Laurence25
    Laurence25 Posts: 334
    Both look lovely i am a big fan of your orange, did you build it yourself ? or is it off the shelf?coz it looks amazing :)
  • toby_winkler
    Laurence25 wrote:
    Both look lovely i am a big fan of your orange, did you build it yourself ? or is it off the shelf?coz it looks amazing :)

I bought it 2nd hand off someone on here, then just upgraded parts as I have wanted to. The guy had changed a few things before I bought it off him though, mainly headset and tyres. Since then I have put on new bars, stem, grips, forks, saddle, pedals and bottle cage.

Thanks for the kind comments as well! Many more upgrades planned once more money is available, so hopefully will look even nicer soon.
  • toby_winkler
    Original post updates, to show upgrades etc, and what the bike looked like when I first got it.

Done especially for Laurence25 ;)
  • Laurence25
    Ah thank you very much Toby_Winkler I much prefer how it looks now its such a nice bike :D
  • toby_winkler
    Thanks Laurence, always nice when someone complements your bike after putting a lot of work into it!

How is the crush build coming along? You should get some pictures up! I want to see my old bars being put to good use ;)
  • Laurence25
    Ha i hoped u would remember me hehe and yes it is finished now i will put some pics up at the weekend I am so so happy with how it has turned out :D:D
  • toby_winkler
    Laurence25 wrote:
    Ha i hoped u would remember me hehe and yes it is finished now i will put some pics up at the weekend I am so so happy with how it has turned out :D:D

I look forward to seeing the finished bike!
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    Love the Prestige, looks really well thought out. I quite fancy the bars & stem for my bike.
    Your gardens fine by the way, the natural look is so "in" this year.
  • toby_winkler
    woodnut wrote:
    Love the Prestige, looks really well thought out. I quite fancy the bars & stem for my bike.
    Your gardens fine by the way, the natural look is so "in" this year.

Thanks! Only problem with the bars is they are rather narrow, but you get used to it after a while. And the stem only has one pinch bolt on the steerer tube, so when I have crashed it seems to move easily, but doesn't cause any problem when riding generally.

And as for the garden, if that's the "in" thing, then it will be staying like that forever!
  • THOMASP7
    THOMASP7 Posts: 7
    loving the 24/7, been looking at these for a while and carn decide whether 2 get one or not.
    Kona stinky custom build
  • toby_winkler
    THOMASP7 wrote:
    loving the 24/7, been looking at these for a while and carn decide whether 2 get one or not.

Lovely bike, haven't had much of a chance to ride it properly yet though, takes a bit of getting used to as its the first 24inch jump bike I have rode. An absolute steal at £170 as well, quite a lot better than the standard model as well.

The new slackers are gorgeous though, love the paint job on them.
  • toby_winkler
    New pedals arrived today, Shimano M520 in white:

DSCF5065.jpg

DSCF5066.jpg