My new 'Nago...

Lig
Lig Posts: 178
edited June 2010 in Your road bikes
Just chopped in my Cervelo R3SL/Zipp 303s for this beaut... two very different animals but I much prefer the ride of the Nago, just as stiff, as good up the hills but more comfy......Here she is.....

380611976_o.jpg

Extreme C Frameset, C75 forks, Record 10Speed Group, full TI cassette, Hyperon wheelset....

And my training 'Nago

380611917_o.jpg

Active+ frame, C75 forks, Centaur/Record/Chorus Group (old Athena brakes to add that bit of 'retro', Shamal wheelset.

Lig.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice. I'm too heavy for an Extreme C...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Lig wrote:
    but I much prefer the ride of the Nago, just as stiff, as good up the hills but more comfy.......

You've been mis-sold. That's actually a Colnago - a much respected Italian brand. If you look closely, you can see the branding on the frame tubes.

I prefer Canadian myself. I'm off out to look at a Cer though I am quite tempted by an Nchi :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Rolf F wrote:
    Lig wrote:
    but I much prefer the ride of the Nago, just as stiff, as good up the hills but more comfy.......

You've been mis-sold. That's actually a Colnago - a much respected Italian brand. If you look closely, you can see the branding on the frame tubes.

I prefer Canadian myself. I'm off out to look at a Cer though I am quite tempted by an Nchi :lol:

Nice one Rolf..2 nice bikes though!!

8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • rolf_f
    leeroy72 wrote:
    Nice one Rolf..2 nice bikes though!!

8)

What could be nicer than a lugged carbon frame with Campagnolo? 8)
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Very nice and the Hyperons are superb wheels!
  • Lig
    Cheers Guys....

I was a bit concerned about the weight limit, but Colnago (Nago to you Ralf) confirmed it was 95Kg - so I just have to make sure I pay a visit to the bathroom before every ride :D

Nice one Ralf - I like the whole 'Nago thing... I am thinking of painting over the COL with black hammerite.....Are you being sarcastic about the lugged frame/campag thing (Just with you saying you prefer Cer(velos) - I did like my Cervelo, it looked much more 'trick' but I really like the retro look and I think the lugged frame and low profile wheels do the job.

Lig.
  • rolf_f
    Lig wrote:
    Cheers Guys....

I was a bit concerned about the weight limit, but Colnago (Nago to you Ralf) confirmed it was 95Kg - so I just have to make sure I pay a visit to the bathroom before every ride :D

Nice one Ralf - I like the whole 'Nago thing... I am thinking of painting over the COL with black hammerite.....Are you being sarcastic about the lugged frame/campag thing (Just with you saying you prefer Cer(velos) - I did like my Cervelo, it looked much more 'trick' but I really like the retro look and I think the lugged frame and low profile wheels do the job.

Lig.

Now if you did paint over the Col with black hammerite I would completely forgive your keyboard laziness (come on, the O and the L are next to each other :lol: ) but I think it might spoil a pretty bike so please don't!

Not being sarcastic at all re lugged frame/campag. Here is my bike -

DSCF1218ed1sm.jpg

I'm actually not that keen on the whole monocoque 'look at me, I have wibbly wobbly bits were other bikes are straight' thing. A simple, straightforward lugged carbon frame is what does it for me. Besides, it is quite a good indicator of something that doesn't come from the Far East.
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Nice bike Rolf...I love those bottle cages 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Lig
    Nice bike Rolf....OK I believe you now....I know what you mean about the Monocoque thing, a cycling buddy of mine just loves Pinarello - but I just dont see it...?!

Lig.
  • beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 369
    Lovely bike(s).

I'm just loving my C50.

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Lig wrote:
    Nice bike Rolf....OK I believe you now....I know what you mean about the Monocoque thing, a cycling buddy of mine just loves Pinarello - but I just dont see it...?!

Lig.

Foot in both camps. I have a Pina and a 'Nago... quite different, both fabulous. Not sure I can pick a favourite!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    3 very nice bikes indeed gentlemen.

Rolf, your picture courtesy of Epic Cycles?
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Carl_P wrote:
    3 very nice bikes indeed gentlemen.

Rolf, your picture courtesy of Epic Cycles?

Thought i recognised that brick work
  • Lig
    Ahhh, I thought it looked a bit posh.. (the brick work i mean) the bikes not bad either :lol:

But do you really own that bike then??

Prefer my wall to be honest.....maybe there should be a new thread just with pictures of peoples brick work, how interesting......or maybe thats what they have on the Masons and tradesman forum.com - 'show off your pride and joy wall handywork' :lol:

Lig
  • rolf_f
    edited June 2010
    leeroy72 wrote:
    Nice bike Rolf...I love those bottle cages 8)

A ridiculous extravagence but essential - they look a bit like 'FM shoes' according to a mate of mine!

The pic is an Epic pic but it is of my particular bike built to my spec - I even bought the stand! 8) (really should say no more here of it on Ligs thread - I posted the bike in my own thread here which is probably on page 2)

Monocoques can look great but they seem prone to the designers overacting and getting a bit carried away. How much of the design fiddlry is really down to engineering and not just style? Ultimately, a lot of it probably just adds weight (though probably not much but all the same....)
    Lig wrote:
    Prefer my wall to be honest.....

You have a nice wall but Epics is part of a 16th Century Tithe Barn which probably does outrank yours! Maybe we need a new 'Masonry' sub forum :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Lig wrote:
    Cheers Guys....

Lig.

Roger. I was told 85kg but some say there are no weight limits really...

Anyhoo, I'm nearly down to 85 now...
  • matterai
    matterai Posts: 176
    Nice bike :D