OT: Magnificat meet-up?

Bassjunkieuk
Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
edited June 2010 in Commuting chat
So with the big day fast approaching are there plans for the SCR massive to meet-up pre-ride?

As it's my first time joining a reasonable number of forums members for a ride that doesn't start at a cafe/Richmond Park/a bunkhouse in Wales I imagine it's going to be a bit trickier to find each other among the few thousand other riders who'll be patiently waiting at Newbury racecourse on Sunday :-D
Who's the daddy?
Twitter, Videos & Blog
Player of THE GAME
Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5

Comments

• Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I won't be there unfortunately. A new arrival in the family (nothing to do with me thank god) means the weekend will be spent visiting, and cooing over my new niece. Yep I'm well pleased, all the best bits and I can just hand her back if she screams or smells :lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Rich158 wrote:
    I won't be there unfortunately. A new arrival in the family (nothing to do with me thank god) means the weekend will be spent visiting, and cooing over my new niece. Yep I'm well pleased, all the best bits and I can just hand her back if she screams or smells :lol:

Sorry to hear you can't attend but congratulations to the new parents :-)
    Mind you with the time you set in the Dragon I'd probably have only held you up :lol:
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    I think there's only around 1500 people doing the Magnificat, so it shouldn't be out of the question to meet up beforehand.

What's worrying me is the stupid o'clock I'll have to get up at in order to get to the start line for 7am. That's gonna hurt more than the hills, I reckon.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    ketsbaia wrote:
    I think there's only around 1500 people doing the Magnificat, so it shouldn't be out of the question to meet up beforehand.

What's worrying me is the stupid o'clock I'll have to get up at in order to get to the start line for 7am. That's gonna hurt more than the hills, I reckon.

It's for that reason I booked into a B&B at Tot's Hill :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I'm doing thr Communicat so I don't start until around 9.00 - could get there earlier to wave you guys off though 8)